Learn how to draw a great looking Cheetah with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cheetah.
Think fast! You can learn how to draw a cheetah with the help of this easy, step-by-step animal drawing tutorial.
Cheetahs are fast - in fact, they are the fastest land animal in the world. But your pencil doesn’t have to move 70 miles per hour. Take your time as you complete this realistic sketch.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
A realistic animal drawing like this one might look complicated. But don't worry - we've broken it down into simple steps. Look for the blue lines in each illustration, and add them to your drawing during each step.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cheetah
How to Draw a Great Looking Cheetah for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the realistic cartoon cheetah outline by drawing the cheetah’s face. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the head, ears, cheeks, and chin. Draw a tall, rounded, “W” shaped line inside the face.
Then, use a curved line to enclose the shape of the eye at the tips of the “W.” Shade the round pupil inside each eye.
Then, shade the rounded triangle shape of the nose and texture the fur of the face and ear with short curved lines.
Easy Cheetah Drawing - Step 2
2. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the neck, shoulders, and chest. Then, contour the neck and the front of the shoulder with curved lines.
Easy Cheetah Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long curved lines to sketch the cheetah’s leg. Notice the short, jagged lines that give the texture of fur to the top of the leg and the elbow. Conclude the leg with overlapping curved lines to form the toes.
Easy Cheetah Drawing - Step 4
4. Use long curved lines to draw the remaining foreleg, with overlapping lines for the toes. Then, use a series of jagged lines to sketch the furry belly. Connect the belly to the foreleg with two lines, forming the rear foot.
Easy Cheetah Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the sitting rear leg. Use long curved lines and overlapping curved lines.
Easy Cheetah Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a long curved line from the cheetah’s shoulder to the rear foot, completing the basic outline of the animal.
Easy Cheetah Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the cheetah’s tail. From the haunches, extend a long curved line, and double it back upon itself.
Add More Details to Your Cheetah Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the cheetah’s fur by drawing the spots. Shade small ovals and irregular rounded shapes on the cheetah’s cheeks, chest, shoulder, and forelegs.
Complete the Outline of Your Cheetah Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue shading the spots on the cheetah’s back, rear leg, and tail. Band the tip of the tail with thick stripes.
Color Your Cheetah Drawing
Your realistic cheetah outline is now complete. Color your cartoon cheetah. Cheetahs are a sandy, yellowish-tan. They have black and dark brown spots.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cheetah Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).