Learn how to draw a great looking Crazy Character with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Crazy Character.
Humorous cartoons and drawings first rose to fame during the 1840s, and animation abounded from the early 1900s onward. As with literature, the jester archetype found its place in comics, animated films, and cartoon series.
A goofy, clumsy, or incompetent character like this one in this guide is often provided for comic relief. He or she may be a main character or play a supporting role.
He may be a constant feature - for example, appearing in each episode of a series - or appear occasionally or just once.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a crazy cartoon character? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Crazy Character
How to Draw a Great Looking Crazy Character for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the nose and eyes. Draw two curved lines - one for the nose and one for the top of the cheek. Above each line, use a long curved line to enclose a partial oval. These are the eyes. Notice that one eye is bigger than the other. Then, shade a small circle to form the pupil in each eye. Note that one eye is looking up, the other down.
Easy Crazy Character Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the mouth. Use curved lines to outline the upper lip, lower lip, buck teeth, tongue, and the dimple at the corner of the mouth. Draw a short line to separate the teeth, and another below the mouth to contour the chin.
Easy Crazy Character Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to outline the face. Then, draw "C" shaped lines on each side to outline the ears. Draw a curved line within each ear to detail its interior. Draw a curved line above each eye to form the eyebrows. Then, draw two triangles, each open at one corner, below the head. This outlines the neck and shirt collar.
Easy Crazy Character Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of connected curved lines to outline the messy hair. Allow the sideburns to come down beside the ears, fully enclosing the outline of the face.
Easy Crazy Character Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to outline the shirt. Extend lines outward from the neck to form the shoulders. Then draw "L" shaped lines to complete the sleeves. Draw the torso, a curved rectangular shape, using three curved lines. Draw curved lines to indicate where the sleeve attaches to the shirt and the sleeve opening. Draw a circular button below the shirt collar.
Easy Crazy Character Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the arm and hand, erasing as necessary. Use pairs of curved lines for the upper and lower arm, and overlapping curved lines for the sides and fingers of the clenched fist.
Easy Crazy Character Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining arm and hand. Use pairs of curved lines for the upper arm, lower arm, and sides of the hand. Then, use overlapping "U" shaped lines to outline the fingers.
Add More Details to Your Crazy Character Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the legs. Use pairs of curved lines to outline the upper and lower legs, bent at the knee. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the raised leg. Extend two short lines, connected at the bottom, to indicate the visible portion of the ankle.
Complete the Outline of Your Crazy Character Drawing - Step 9
9. Use straight and curved lines to draw the semicircular shapes of the shoes. Draw a line parallel to the bottom of the shoe to outline the sole. Then, draw curved shapes across the top of the shoe to indicate the shoelaces.
Color Your Crazy Character Drawing
Color your crazy cartoon character.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 People Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Crazy Character Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).