Learn how to draw a great looking Crying Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Crying Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Don't keep your strong emotions bottled up inside you. Learn how to draw a crying face and use your cartoon drawing to tell others how you feel.
Do you ever use a crying emoji in your text messages? What feelings are you trying to express?
Sometimes people cry happy tears, but usually crying is the result of sadness, anger, or pain.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Crying comes in different levels. Crying just a little may be called becoming misty-eyed, whimpering, or sniveling. Intense crying can include weeping, wailing, sobbing, bawling, or blubbering.
No matter the reasons for your tears - or how mild or intense those emotions may be - you can put your feelings on paper with the help of this cartoon drawing guide.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Anime Eyes, Sad Broken Heart, and Realistic Eye for Beginners.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Crying Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Crying Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the crying face outline by sketching the rectangular anime eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, then shade a circle inside each eye.
Easy Crying Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to sketch the upper and lower eyelids, forming an incomplete egg shape around the eyes. Then, use thick curved lines to draw the upturned eyebrows. Draw a curved line between the eyes, representing the bridge of the nose.
Easy Crying Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch the rest of the nose, using short curved lines for the nostrils and tip. Then, draw a wavy line to form the frowning mouth. Place a short curved line at each corner of the mouth.
Easy Crying Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to sketch the character’s ears, cheeks, neck, and chin.
Easy Crying Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Contour inside each ear using an “L” shaped curved line. Then, use two long curved lines to draw a sweeping “M” shape across the top of the forehead. Draw a series of two more curved lines between them. This is the first step in drawing the character’s hair.
Easy Crying Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another, larger curved “M” shape above the first. At each end, use curved lines to draw several sharp points.
Easy Crying Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to texture the existing hair and to draw the sideburns between the ears and the hairline.
Add More Details to Your Crying Face Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of curved lines that meet at points to close the gap above each ear. Contour the hair with additional curved lines, and draw the horizontal lines of wrinkles across the forehead. At the corner of one eye, draw the rounded heart shape of a forming tear, erasing as necessary.
Complete the Outline of Your Crying Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your crying face outline by drawing more tears. Draw a flattened heart shape in the corner of the remaining eye, erasing as necessary. Then, draw teardrop shapes on the cheeks.
Color Your Crying Face Drawing
Color your cartoon crying face outline. Can you adjust the hair color or hairstyle? Could you use what you’ve learned to draw a crying girl instead?
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Crying Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).