Learn how to draw a great looking Realistic Eye for Beginners with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Realistic Eye for Beginners.
"To have beautiful lips, say beautiful things. To have beautiful eyes, look at people and see the good in them."
- Audrey Hepburn, American actress
The eyes are one of the most important aspects of a sketch or character. Eyes are extremely expressive of emotion. Even if the rest of the face is not visible, the shape of the eyes can convey happiness, sadness, excitement, fear, or anger.
Sleepless eyes can be red and bloodshot, or have dark "bags" underneath. Sad eyes may emit tears.
It is because of their expressive nature that eyes are considered the "windows to the soul" in poetry, literature, and modern Japanese animation.
This is one reason why anime eyes are so large, dominating the face. Dramatic closeups of the eyes are common in film and television.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw realistic cartoon eyes? This easy, step-by-step beginner's cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. If you're learning to draw realistic people, this tutorial can help you to master the important and challenging eye.
All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Realistic Eye for Beginners
How to Draw a Great Looking Realistic Eye for Beginners for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a small circle inside a larger circle. This outlines the iris and pupil of the eye.
Easy Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a pair of roughly parallel curved lines across the top of the large circle. These will help form the upper lid and overall shape of the eye.
Easy Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another pair of curved lines below the iris, forming the lower lid. These lines should converge before meeting the corners of the upper lid.
Easy Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a long curved line above the eye, and another below it. These contour the skin around the eye.
Easy Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of curved lines at the inner corner of the eye. Then, detail the iris. Shade small dots at the edge of the pupil, and draw short lines of different lengths in a starburst pattern around it.
Easy Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw thick curved lines across the upper lid, indicating the eyelashes. Draw short curved lines below the bottom lid, creating the lower lashes.
Easy Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw thick curved lines extending from the upper lid until the eyelashes are complete.
Add More Details to Your Realistic Eye for Beginners Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the eyebrow above the eye. Draw a series of thick curved lines to create the curved shape. Allow some of the lines to overlap.
Complete the Outline of Your Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing - Step 9
9. Thicken the eyebrow with a second layer of short curved lines.
Color Your Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing
Color your realistic cartoon eye. Common human eye colors include brown, blue, green, and grey.
For more great Body drawing tutorials, see the 37 Cute Body Drawing Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Realistic Eye for Beginners Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).