Learn how to draw a great looking Father and Daughter with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Father and Daughter.
Would you like to learn how to draw father and daughter? Maybe you're working on your family tree.
Or perhaps you'd like to show your appreciation for that special man or little girl. This drawing tutorial can help you capture a special moment between them.
The special bond between fathers and daughters has often been celebrated in art.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
For example, there is the painting Paternal Advice by Josephus Laurentius Dyckmans. Songs such as "There Goes My Life" by Kenney Chesney, "Daughters" by John Mayer, and "I Loved Her First" by Heartland express the deep and sentimental emotions these family members share.
How can you use this cartoon of a father and daughter? One way is by making Dad a card for Father’s Day.
This easy, step-by-step cartoon family drawing tutorial will help you master the father and daughter outline in no time.
Improving your portrait drawing skills can make you feel like you're flying, just like this little girl on her father's shoulders.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Father and Daughter
How to Draw a Great Looking Father and Daughter for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the father and daughter outline by drawing the man's face. Use curved lines to outline the face and ears. Detail inside the ears with short lines.
Sketch the smiling mouth, nose, almond-shaped eyes, and thick eyebrows. Draw a small circle within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Easy Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the hair, noting the tufts of hair that end at points. Extend short lines for the neck, and outline the parallelogram shapes of the shirt collar beneath it.
Connect the collar with a "V" shaped line. Draw another line below it, with small circles to indicate the buttons.
Easy Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the little girl. Use curved lines to outline the hair, face, neck, round neck of the garment, and rectangular torso. Use wavy curved lines to draw the puffy sleeves on each side of the torso.
Then, detail the face. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, eyebrows, nose, and mouth. Draw eyelashes around the eyes using very short lines. Draw the circular pupil inside each eye and the tongue within the mouth.
Easy Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the little girl's hair. Notice how the lines overlap to form a part at the top, and how they meet at jagged points at the bottom. Then, draw a bow on top of her head. Draw a half-circle for the knot and round shapes for the sides. Contour each lobe of the bow with a short line.
Easy Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a pair of long curved lines from each side of the girl's body to form the arms. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the hands.
Easy Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the girl's legs sitting on her father's shoulder. Use overlapping curved lines to draw first the shorts and then the legs. Note the overlap at the bend of the knee.
Easy Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the father's sleeve, arm, and fist using overlapping curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Father and Daughter Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining sleeve, arm, and hand using curved lines, creating a mirror image of the opposite side.
Complete the Outline of Your Father and Daughter Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your father and daughter outline by drawing the sides of the father's torso and the girl's feet. Enclose the irregular shape of the shoes using curved lines. Then, use additional curved lines to detail the openings on top of the shoes.
Color Your Father and Daughter Drawing
Color your cartoon of a father and daughter.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Father and Daughter Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).