Learn how to draw a great looking Gorilla Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Gorilla Face.
Gorillas are amazing animals. Learn how to draw a gorilla face with the help of this easy animal drawing guide.
Gorillas live in mountainous forests in Africa. They dwell in close-knit family groups. A male called a silverback - so named because of the light grey fur on his back - is the troop's leader.
For a long time, people were afraid of gorillas. They thought they would hurt people. But gorillas just want to live their lives in their own environments.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Some gorillas in captivity have done amazing things, even learning human sign language!
There have also been amazing true stories about gorillas, like Gorillas in the Mist, the story of researcher Diane Fossey.
She helped increase our understanding of what gorillas are really like.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Gorilla Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Gorilla Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the gorilla face outline by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to sketch the double-pointed almond shapes. Then, shade a round pupil inside each eye.
Easy Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Contour the skin around the eyes. Use layers of curved lines.
Easy Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the gorilla’s nose. First, use a curved line to create the nostrils. The line should double back on itself on each end, forming a loose peanut shape. Then, draw longer curved lines around it.
Easy Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, sketch the gently smiling mouth. Use curved lines to trace the jawline of the head. Then, use a curved line for the mouth, with short lines at the corners. Finally, contour the chin with a short line.
Easy Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch the top of the gorilla head. Use a series of long and short curved lines to form the dome shape of the head. Allow some of the lines to meet in jagged, furry points.
Easy Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to enclose the head by drawing the sides of the face. Use a series of curved lines that meet at gentle points.
Easy Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose the gorilla head by drawing the furry chin. Use curved lines that meet at gentle points. Then, contour the forehead with a series of furry curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Gorilla Face Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to detail the gorilla head by drawing a series of curved lines along the forehead and sides of the face.
Complete the Outline of Your Gorilla Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your gorilla face outline by adding further detail. Contour the skin above and between the eyes, above the nose, and around the mouth.
Color Your Gorilla Face Drawing
Color your cartoon gorilla head. Most gorillas have black, brown, or grey fur.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Gorilla Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).