Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Monkey with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Easy Monkey.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy monkey? This cartoon animal drawing tutorial can help you master the easy monkey outline.
Along with larger mammals such as majestic tigers, mysterious wolves, and playful dolphins, monkeys make the top of many peoples' favorite animal lists.
Why? One thing that all of these animals have in common is that they are smart and social.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Really, monkeys are a lot like us. They live in groups and care for their offspring for a long time. They use facial expressions to communicate their feelings.
They can make and use tools. Some captive orangutans have even been taught to play computer games, and gorillas have learned sign language!
An old saying goes, "Monkey see, monkey do." This describes the monkey's tendency to imitate others - for example, a new behavior of a fellow monkey or that of a human handler.
You, too, can "monkey see, monkey do," as you copy the simple steps in the following illustrations.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Lemur, Hippo, and Hyena.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an an Easy Monkey
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Monkey for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy monkey outline by sketching the shape of the face. Use curved lines to sketch the rounded cheeks and sides of the head.
At the top of the head, use curved lines that meet at sharp points to draw a tuft of fur.
Easy Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the monkey's ears. Attach a "C" shaped line to each side of the head. Then, detail within the ears using curved lines.
Easy Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the monkey's face. Use curved lines to trace the cheeks and around the eyes within the shape of the head.
Then, extend a long curved line below the head and double it back upon itself to form the monkey's body.
Easy Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the monkey's tummy. Use curved lines to trace a peanut shape within the outline of the body. At the top of the shape, give it a furry appearance by using curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the cartoon monkey's long, prehensile tail. Extend a long curved line from the body and double it back upon itself.
Easy Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the monkey's eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes. Draw a circle inside a circle within each eye, and shade between them to indicate the pupils. Draw a curved line above each eye to form the eyebrows.
Easy Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline the monkey's triangular nose. Use a wide "U" shaped line for the smiling mouth, and place a short line at each corner.
Add More Details to Your Easy Monkey Picture - Step 8
8. Now, add the monkey's arms. Use curved lines to outline the arms, noting the tuft of fur at the elbows. For the tuft, use short lines that meet at points. Then, use overlapping curved lines to enclose the fingers and hands. Draw a zigzag line across each wrist.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Monkey Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy monkey outline by drawing the legs. Like the arms, use curved lines with tufts of fur at the knees. Enclose the toes using overlapping curved lines, and draw a zigzag line across the ankles.
Color Your Easy Monkey Drawing
Color your simple cartoon monkey. Most monkeys are brown with tan markings, like the one in our illustration. Some, though, are very different indeed!
Snow monkeys, for example, have white fur and pink faces. Baboons have black fur with red and blue faces.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Monkey Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).