Learn how to draw a great looking Hand Covering Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Hand Covering Face.
Covering your face with your hand is the universal symbol of "Wow. Seriously?" Learn how to draw a hand covering face so you can visualize your frustration.
When you're feeling an emotion, your body reacts in ways that show people what you're thinking.
For example, if you're bored, you might yawn because you're tired. Other examples include folding your arms, rolling your eyes and stepping away from people you don't like.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The "facepalm" is a famous form of body language that's become an Internet meme. Sometimes, you're so frustrated that all you can do is drop your face in your hands.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Hand Covering Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Hand Covering Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Sketch two curves for each eye to make lemon shapes, then add thick strokes on the bottom curves for the eyelashes. Draw a thick curve over each eye for the eyebrows.
Easy Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two narrow cylinders with rounded ends for the fingers. Sketch an oval for each fingernail.
Easy Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Repeat the previous step for two more fingers, making the fingers bend slightly. Draw a cartoon hand separately to learn more about hand anatomy.
Easy Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 4
4. For the thumb, make a final cylinder and complete the hand with a curve. Use vertical lines for the arm. Sketch dashes around the nose and over the knuckles.
Easy Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 5
5. To outline the face, start with a vertical line, then curve it downward to make an egg shape. Use straight lines with rounded ends for the neck and shoulders. Add a curve for the shirt collar.
Easy Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 6
6. For the hair, draw a curved diagonal line, then sketch a longer curved diagonal line that points in the opposite direction. Sketch a lock of hair between these lines. Add two more lines and a curve to the shirt.
Easy Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two hill shapes on top of the head, then connect the hair to the body with wavy lines to make the hair loose and flowing.
Add More Details to Your Hand Covering Face Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch more curved lines to give the cartoon hair depth and texture.
Complete the Outline of Your Hand Covering Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the hair with more curved lines.
Color Your Hand Covering Face Drawing
Finally, outline your hand covering your face with a black pen or marker, then erase the pencil sketch. Make the eyebrows and eyelashes black.
Use your favorite skin and hair colors to color the outline. Add shadows to make your hand covering face look realistic. This guide suggests blue, but you can use any color for the T-shirt.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Hand Covering Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).