Learn how to draw a great looking Happy Clown with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Happy Clown drawing.
Clowns are actors who try to make audiences laugh. They do this by wearing silly costumes, telling jokes, and engaging in antics.
Clowns have been a part of theatrical spectacles since at least the time of ancient Greece.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Today, clowns are most often associated with circuses or children's birthday parties. One famous clown is Ronald McDonald, the mascot for McDonald's restaurants.
The clown in our drawing guide closely resembles Ronald McDonald.
Do you know someone who needs a good laugh? Why not draw a funny clown to help cheer them up!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Happy Clown
How to Draw a Great Looking Happy Clown for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the clown's painted nose and mouth. Draw a small oval for the nose. Then, use a curved line to draw an inverted triangle shape beneath it. The triangle should have curved sides and rounded corners. Within it, use two curved lines to draw another rounded triangle shape.
The top corners should meet at points. Then, use additional curved lines to draw the corners of the mouth and enclose the teeth and tongue within it. Finally, draw curved lines around the upper corners of the mouth to indicate the smiling cheeks.
Easy Happy Clown Drawing - Step 2
2. Complete the outline of the face using a series of curved lines. Note that the lines at the top are "U" shaped, indicating fluffy hair. Those at the side of the face are nearly straight.
Use curved lines to enclose the half-oval shape of the eyes. Within each, draw an oval inside an oval and shade between them. Shade four small triangles around each eye, and enclose the eyebrows using curved lines.
Easy Happy Clown Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of connected curved lines to draw the clown's fluffy hair. On the top of his head, draw a top hat. Use curved lines to outline the crown, brim, and band of the hat.
Easy Happy Clown Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long, wavy line to draw a silly oversized collar around the clown's neck. Draw short curved lines extending from the neck to indicate bends in the fabric.
Then, extend a long curved line and double it back upon itself to form the arm. At the end, use another wavy line to enclose the cuff of the sleeve. Finally, use a series of curved lines, each doubled back upon itself, to create the hand and fingers.
Easy Happy Clown Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the clown's other arm. Again, extend a long curved line and double it back upon itself to form the arm. At the end, use another wavy line to enclose the cuff of the sleeve. Finally, use a series of curved lines, each doubled back upon itself, to create the hand and fingers.
Easy Happy Clown Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the torso. Notice how the lines form a "Y" shape at the arms and hip, indicating folds in the fabric.
Easy Happy Clown Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a long curved line down the center of the garment. Extend this line and the side of the torso to outline the leg. Draw a daisy on the clown's chest and small circles for buttons down the front of his jumper.
Add More Details to Your Happy Clown Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the remaining leg, bent at the knee.
Complete the Outline of Your Happy Clown Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your drawing. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of the clown's oversized boots.
Color Your Happy Clown Drawing
Color your cartoon clown. Clowns often wear bright colors and red noses.
Happy Clown Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).