Learn how to draw a great looking Magic Carpet Ride with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Magic Carpet Ride.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Magic carpets are an important part of Middle Eastern mythology. Learn how to draw a magic carpet ride so you can embark on your own adventures.
A magic carpet is an enchanted carpet that flies through the sky with you as the passenger. Magic carpets appear in books, movies, TV shows, cartoons and Disney films. You've probably seen magic carpets in movies like Aladdin.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This guide shows you how to draw a magic carpet ride with a cartoon magician who can't wait to show you the sights.
Where would you go if you had a magic carpet that could take you anywhere in the world?
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Genie from Aladdin, Genie Lamp from Aladdin, and Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Magic Carpet Ride
How to Draw a Great Looking Magic Carpet Ride for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a hook shape for the nose. Add two curves to the left and fill in the second curve, then make an upside-down U shape to the right. Draw a line underneath this shape, and fill in the pupil.
Use dashes for the eyebrows. Sketch another hook to complete the nose.
Easy Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 2
2. Underneath the nose, draw two curves that connect at the right to form an angle. Use short dashes for the teeth like you're drawing an anime smile. Sketch curves underneath the face for the chin, then use a wide curve and hook shape for the beard.
Easy Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a loop with a hook inside for the ear. Sketch a circle over the top of the magician's head, then use curved lines to make the turban. Add a jagged line next to the ear.
Easy Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a vertical line that sticks out of the circle on the turban, then use tall curves for the feather. Draw curves behind the feather to complete the hat.
For the arm, draw a loose heart shape with an oval behind the shoulder. Sketch a line at the cuff of the sleeve.
Easy Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 5
5. To the right, make another loose heart shape with curves and another oval behind the shoulder. Use sausage shapes for the fingers.
Easy Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 6
6. To start the pants, draw two oblong ovals like misshapen eggs. Sketch a curve and line inside the right oval, then use more curved lines to connect the legs to the body.
Easy Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the left leg with a curve that outlines the pants, then use wavy lines for the shoe and more curves for the puffy fabric. Draw straight lines for the ankle.
Underneath the body, draw a long curved line like a wave.
Add More Details to Your Magic Carpet Ride Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch two more curves with ovals at the ends. On the left, draw a loose triangle with notches at the end. For the right, make a rounded triangle and sketch lines inside the shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Magic Carpet Ride Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a final curved line to complete the carpet, then sketch a square inside the carpet that runs parallel to the outside lines. Add another oval and loose triangle on the right corner. Sketch lines inside this shape and the tassel to the left.
Color Your Magic Carpet Ride Drawing
Outline your magic carpet ride with a black pen or marker to capture the cartoon style and make it easier to color your drawing.
Now that you're done, color the outline with red, green and yellow for the magic carpet, blue for the magician's shirt and pants, and yellow for the accents. Give the magician your favorite hair and skin colors. Keep the turban white with red and yellow for the decorations.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Magic Carpet Ride Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).