Learn how to draw a great looking Monster Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Monster Face.
While monsters are traditionally scary creatures, they can be friendly, too. Learn how to draw a monster face to create your own fictional character.
Traditionally, a monster is a scary creature that does bad things, like frightening people or attacking villages. Godzilla is a classic monster that's starred in movies for decades.
However, cartoon monsters, like Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc. are friendly and entertaining instead of scary.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This cartoon monster is a little scary, but you can make them your friend after you draw them. Your monster could also be the villain of your comic or short story.
Give your character a friend by drawing a cartoon monster.
Make sure you use multiple shades of the same color for shadows and highlights to make the drawing realistic. Use bright colors so your monster looks bold and fierce.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Monster Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Monster Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start your monster face with two curvy lines like a rotated letter S. Draw a lemon shape underneath each line with an oval near the middle.
Easy Monster Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a rounded M between the eyes, then draw two ovals with lines underneath. Sketch loose, uneven shapes over the eyes with a curve over each one.
Easy Monster Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the mouth with a curve that has a dash on either side. Draw curvy lines around the eyes and nose.
Easy Monster Face Drawing - Step 4
4. To complete the mouth, draw a wide loop on the left, then sketch another loop on the right and connect the two. Use uneven triangles for the teeth. Add curves around the mouth.
Easy Monster Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a short loop on either side of the mouth, then start to outline the face with taller loops. Add a curve at the bottom for the chin.
Easy Monster Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch two loops that end in long curved lines on each side of the face.
Easy Monster Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a lemon shape on both sides of the monster face, then add curves for depth.
Add More Details to Your Monster Face Picture - Step 8
8. Make a tube shape on each side like a hot dog. Connect the shapes with a curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Monster Face Drawing - Step 9
9. For each horn, start with a short curve, then carry it over into a large curve like you're drawing the horns on Sully from Monsters, Inc. Sketch two lines above the brow.
Color Your Monster Face Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon monster face with black, then use olive green for the face, red for the eyes and off-white for the teeth. If you want to draw more cartoons, you can draw a cute monster with the same colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Monster Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).