Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Monster with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cute Monster drawing.
mon·ster /ˈmänstər/ noun. plural: monsters. An imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening.
- Oxford Languages
Would you like to learn how to draw a cute monster? This easy, step-by-step cartoon creature drawing tutorial will help you master the cute monster outline in no time.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Monsters are fictional or imaginary creatures. People have been imagining monsters since the earliest times.
Often, monsters were designed as frightening, grotesque mashups of existing creatures. For example, the typical monster in this illustration has mammal-like fur and horns like those of a ram.
Sometimes, though, monsters are friendly.
This monster would fit right in on the Scare floor with Mike and Sully from Disney's Monsters, Inc., or on a visit to Sesame Street with muppet monsters like Cookie Monster and Elmo, or even hiding in a trash can with Oscar the Grouch.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Monster
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin the cute monster outline by sketching his head. At the top, connect several "U" shaped lines to indicate a tuft of fur. Then, on each side, extend a long curved line.
At its tip, draw a short line, then another long line. This outlines the head and gives it a furry appearance.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the monster's body. Outline the round shape using long curved lines. Then, inside this shape, outline the belly.
Use a series of connected curved lines to give it a furry appearance.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the monster's toe. Use curved lines to outline the irregular shape of the toe. At the tip, draw a rounded triangle for the claw.
Then, use a curved line to draw the bottom of the monster's body.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose two more toes. Again, draw a rounded triangular claw at the tip.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 5
5. Use overlapping curved lines to draw more toes until there are three toes on each foot. Draw a rounded triangular claw at the tip of each toe.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the monster's eyes. Use a rounded "M" shaped line to outline the eyes, with curved lines below them. Shade a small circle within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Then, draw curved lines above the eyes to form the eyebrows.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a wide "U" shaped line to form the monster's smiling mouth. Above it, enclose the rounded shape of the nose and the rounded triangles of the teeth. Detail the chin with a curved line below the mouth.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw the monster's horns. Enclose a rounded triangle shape on each side of the head.
Cute Monster Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cute monster outline by drawing the monster's arms. Outline the arms and fingers using curved lines. Notice the points that form the elbows.
Then, draw a small triangular claw at the tip of each finger.
Complete Cute Monster Drawing
Color your cute cartoon monster. Since monsters are imaginary creatures, feel free to use your imagination!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).