Learn how to draw a great looking Postman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Postman.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."
- United States Postal Service Motto
The postman, also called the mailman, mail carrier, letter carrier, postie, or mail delivery person, has the important job of delivering letters and parcels to homes and businesses.
Especially during the holiday season, he may deliver presents purchased online or delivered from one family to another.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The postal service has featured in fiction and popular culture as well. Many Western genre films portray the Pony Express, a service in which postmen from the 1800s rode horses to deliver the mail quickly.
Songs such as "Return to Sender" and "Please, Mr. Postman" highlight the postman's role in delivering love letters. The Postman Always Rings Twice is an American film noir based upon a novel.
Expecting a package or an important letter? You can learn to draw a cartoon mail carrier. This easy drawing tutorial will teach you how, step by step.
You'll need only a sheet of paper, a pencil, and an eraser. You'll likely also want to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Scientist, Firefighter, and Man in Suit.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Postman
How to Draw a Great Looking Postman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the postman's hat. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the bill of the hat, its crown, and its rim.
Easy Postman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the face using curved lines. Use a "C" shaped line for the ear, and detail inside it with additional curved lines.
Easy Postman Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the hair, completing the outline of the face. Use overlapping curved lines.
Easy Postman Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the postman's face. Draw large circles for the eyes. Draw a curved line across the top of each circle to indicate the eyelid, and a smaller circle for the pupil. Then, use curved lines to draw the pointed eyebrows, the nose, and the smiling mouth.
Easy Postman Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a logo on the hat. Use curved lines to sketch a feathered wing like that of a bird. Then, draw two circles around it.
Easy Postman Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the postman's shirt. Use curved lines to outline the triangular collars, the shoulders, sleeves, and torso. Draw a line down the center of the shirt. To one side of it, draw several small circles to form the buttons.
Easy Postman Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the postman's arms. Use pairs of curved lines to draw the upper and lower arms. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the hands and fingers. Outline the fingernails using curved lines. In one hand, draw a letter. First, outline a rectangle shape. Then, draw a circle in the center, with straight lines radiating to the top corners. This is the flap of the envelope and its seal. Draw a small rectangle in the lower corner.
Add More Details to Your Postman Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the mail bag, erasing as necessary. Use a pair of long curved lines for the shoulder strap. Use curved lines to sketch the rounded rectangular side, front, flap, and latch of the bag.
Complete the Outline of Your Postman Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose three rectangles below the shirt to form the belt. Then, extend pairs of long lines and connect them at the ends, forming the pants. Detail the fabric of the pants using additional curved lines. Finally, outline the irregular shapes of the postman's shoes.
Color Your Postman Drawing
Color your cartoon postman. In many countries, postal uniforms are blue. Package delivery services like UPS sport brown uniforms.
You can also learn to draw other "hometown heroes" cartoons, including doctors and teachers.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute People Drawing Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Postman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).