Learn how to draw a great looking Room with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Room.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to - in my room." - "In My Room," song by the Beach Boys
Are you expecting guests? You can learn how to draw a room and make it inviting. Get creative as you hone your interior decorating skills!
A room is defined as "any space enclosed within a number of walls." Houses are made up of many rooms.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Sometimes, entire stories can unfold within the confines of a single room. This is the case in the novel Room by Emma Donaghue.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: The New York Skyline, Log Cabin, and City.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Room
How to Draw a Great Looking Room for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a bookshelf. Use straight lines to create the "L" shaped furniture. Draw another "L" shaped line inside the shape, and connect the corners with a straight line. Enclose rectangles within the shape to form the shelves and cabinet doors.
Draw small ovals to form the handles of the cabinet. Then, on the tabletop portion, draw a small oval with two curved lines emerging from it. This forms the base of the lamp.
Easy Room Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a narrow, curved parallelogram to create the lampshade. Enclose an oval at its top using a curved line. Then, draw the bed. Use straight lines to enclose the rectangular footboard, mattress, and sides of the headboard.
Use a curved line to complete the headboard. Then, draw the pillow. Use curved lines to enclose the loosely rectangular shape, noting the teardrop-shaped tufts at each corner.
Easy Room Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the bed using straight and curved lines. Contour the pillow and footboard. Then, outline the turned-down comforter of the neatly made bed. After that, outline the room in the style of a perspective drawing. Enclose a square for the back wall, partially hidden by the furniture.
Then, draw straight lines extending outward from each corner to indicate the adjacent walls, floor, and ceiling. Along one wall, enclose a trapezoid within a trapezoid.
This forms the door and the door frame, aligning the rectangular shapes with the room's perspective. Use an oval to form the doorknob.
Easy Room Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a small desk or bedside table at the foot of the bed, erasing as necessary. Use straight lines to outline the rectangular top, front, and side; the inlay on the front; and the sides of the tabletop.
Then, draw a potted flower on top. Use curved lines to outline the pot, leaves, stem, and daisy-like blossom.
Easy Room Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a straight line and two small circles on the front of the table, indicating drawers. Then, draw a curtain rod near the top of the wall. Use straight, parallel lines for the rod and a circle at the end. Use pairs of "C" shaped lines to enclose the hooks.
Easy Room Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the curtains over the window. Use pairs of long curved lines to trace the curtains, with an irregular shaped tie-back. Contour folds in the fabric using curved lines. Begin outlining the square window panes.
Easy Room Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete more square window panes, and use a series of "U" shaped lines to indicate bushes or trees outside. Then, draw a circle within a circle to begin a clock on the wall.
Draw a small circle and two elongate ovals to form the clock's hands.
Add More Details to Your Room Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a light fixture hanging from the ceiling, erasing as necessary. Use curved lines to outline the irregular shapes. Then, draw a rug on the floor - an oval within a rectangle inside another rectangle.
Complete the Outline of Your Room Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw books and a toy car on the bookshelf. Use rectangular shapes and straight lines for the books, curved lines and circles for the car.
Color Your Room Drawing
Color your cartoon room.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Room Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).