Learn how to draw a great looking Rose Pixel Art with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Rose Pixel Art.
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - Juliet, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Roses may be fragrant in the real world, but what about in video games? That is for you to decide when you learn how to draw rose pixel art.
Pixel art embraces the pixelated appearance of early video games, in which blocks of color were used to create simple, less detailed figures. You can draw in the popular pixel art style using grid paper, making your own grid with a ruler, or using a digital pixel art app.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Roses often appear in video games with great symbolism. For example, in the Kingdom Hearts video game series, Belle from Beauty and the Beast gives Sora the Divine Rose, a Keychain for his Keyblade. It resembles the enchanted rose kept under glass by the Beast.
At other times, roses are simply everyday objects or part of the game's background environment. What role will this rose play in your video game world?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rose Pixel Art
How to Draw a Great Looking Rose Pixel Art for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the round shape of the rose's petal. Use segments of one to four blocks, overlapping one another or connected at the corners.
Easy Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the round shape of the second petal. Again, connect segments of one, two, three, or five blocks by their corners at diagonal angles. The outline of the rose should now loosely resemble a rounded "W."
Easy Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline another petal within the boundaries of the first. Use segments of one or two lines, a "Z" shaped line, and a "T" shaped line to form the side of the petal.
Easy Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the circular center of the rosebud. Use segments of one to four blocks, "Z" shaped segments, and "L" shaped segments to form the oval shape and complete the outline of the side of the bud.
Easy Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the outline of another petal outside the bounds of the existing shape. Use single blocks and segments of three or four blocks. Then, detail the inside of the rosebud. Shade a thick "Z" shape at the very center and a single and two-block segment on the petal below it.
Easy Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline another petal at the top of the rose. Then, begin to outline the stem. Shade two single blocks beneath the petals, and a long "L" shaped segment below and between them. Shade another vertical segment parallel to the "L."
Easy Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue the stem by shading a vertical segment below and between the existing parts of the stem. Skip a column, then shade another uneven side of the stem. Then, outline the leaf. Connect a series of single, horizontal, and vertical segments to outline the leaf's rounded underside.
Add More Details to Your Rose Pixel Art Picture - Step 8
8. Use "T" shaped, horizontal, and single-block segments to outline the top of the leaf. Then, shade a single segment and an inverted "T" shape on the opposite side of the stem. This forms the first of the sepals, the small leaflets at the base of the flower.
Complete the Outline of Your Rose Pixel Art Drawing - Step 9
9. Shade three blocks in the middle of the leaf to indicate the leaf vein, and shade a two-block segment and an "L" shaped segment between the leaf and the blossom. This outlines the remaining sepals.
Next, you will switch from shading blocks to form thick lines to tracing narrow lines along the edges of the squares. Draw these narrow lines along the top of the leaf and along some of the petals. These lines denote changes in color that give the picture depth.
Color Your Rose Pixel Art Drawing
Color your cartoon pixel art rose. "Roses are red, violets are blue," so they say.
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Roses Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rose Pixel Art Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).