Learn how to draw a great looking Simple House with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Simple House drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw a simple house? This easy architectural drawing tutorial will help you master the simple house outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The purpose of a house is to keep us safe, warm, and dry. It gives us a place to store our belongings. It also affords privacy - it is a place a family can go to that is separate from the rest of the world.
What kind of house do you live in? What kind of house do you dream of living in one day? You can gain the skills to design your own dream house when you start with this simple tutorial.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Simple House
Simple House Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin the simple house outline by tracing the basic shape of the roof. Use straight lines to construct a shape like a trapezoid with no bottom. Double the line back on itself slightly on one end to form the eave.
Simple House Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the remaining sides of the roof. Use straight lines to draw a triangle with no bottom and form the eaves. Connect it to the end of the roof with a straight horizontal line.
Simple House Drawing - Step 3
3. Give the roof a three-dimensional aspect by drawing lines parallel to two sides. Then, draw a straight horizontal line to complete the triangle. Draw a circle in the center of the triangle.
Simple House Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another straight line parallel to the bottom of the triangle. Then, draw three straight, vertical lines down from the three corners of the roof. This outlines the corners of the house.
Simple House Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a narrow horizontal rectangle at the bottom of the drawing to fully enclose the house. This is the house's foundation.
Simple House Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another narrow rectangle within the one drawn in the previous step. Then, draw a vertical line at one end. This is the stoop or small porch. Above the stoop, draw another rectangle to form the door.
Detail the door with two rectangles within it, and a circle to indicate the doorknob.
Simple House Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw the windows. Draw a narrow horizontal rectangle on each side of the house. These are the flower boxes. Use "U" shaped lines to enclose the cloudlike greenery in each box. Use circle and "U" shaped lines to draw daisy-like flowers.
Then, use three straight lines to enclose a rectangle above each flower box. Use straight lines to enclose smaller rectangles at each corner of the window, leaving a cross shape in the center.
Simple House Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw a chimney on top of the house, erasing as necessary. Use straight lines to enclose a tall, narrow cube. Draw a quadrilateral inside the top facet of the cube and shade it. This is the opening of the chimney.
Sketch a few rectangle shapes on the side of the chimney to give it the texture of brick.
Simple House Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your simple house outline by drawing parallel, horizontal lines across the roof, lending the appearance of shingles.
Complete Simple House Drawing
Color your easy cartoon house.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).