Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Drawing a teddy bear is very easy. It’s made out of simple oval shapes. By following the step-by-step instructions below, you will have your teddy bear drawing done in just minutes.
Draw lightly first. The early shapes will be erased before your drawing is complete.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the drawing tutorial below, each step is highlighted in a light blue color.
You don’t need any special pens or tools. A regular pencil, eraser, and paper are all you need. If you want, you can also color the drawing with colored pencils or pens.
Like my drawing tutorials? Get more on YouTube:
RECOMMENDED ART SUPPLIES: See my Amazon Store.
You don’t need any special art supplies to draw this tutorial but you can support Easy Drawing Guides by purchasing through the following Amazon links:
- Get school essentials before the schools start.
- Sharpie marker to draw clean, black lines.
- Good, cheap paper to draw on or a sketch pad to take with you on your travels.
- Bright, easy to blend colored pencils or cheaper oil pastels.
- Pencil set to practice drawing and shading together with a vinyl or kneaded eraser, and a sharpener. If you draw a lot with pencils, you could even get yourself an electric sharpener.
- Faber-Castell’s Amazon store has all the above, plus great art sets for kids.
Disclosure: Some of the above links are affiliate links, and I receive a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase using them.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Teddy Bear
Start with two overlapping ovals. The one above is bigger. These two shapes will become the teddy bear’s face.
Add two smaller ovals for the ears.
Draw a large oval for the body.
On both sides of the body, add two long ovals for the arms.
At the bottom of the body, draw two ovals for the legs.
Erase all the extra lines.
Draw two circles for the eyes. Inside the eyes, draw two dark ovals with a white dot inside.
Add some details; the insides of the ears, forehead, muzzle, and tips of the arms and legs are going have a different color.
Add some color and your teddy bear drawing is ready.
Printable PDF of the Drawing Guide
Click the icon or button below to view a printable PDF of this drawing guide.View Printable PDF
Liked the drawing guide?
Leave a comment below or follow on Pinterest.