Learn how to draw a great looking Unicorn Emoji with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages. You can now easily create a beautiful Unicorn Emoji drawing.
Emojis are small drawings that can be added to text messages or emails to convey emotion.
The unicorn emoji was released in 2015. It is used to represent the mythical beast, whimsy, fantasy, uniqueness, and the LGBTQ community.
What is a unicorn? This horse like creature was believed to have a spiral horn protruding from its forehead. The horn was often thought to have magical powers, such as healing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Unicorns are mentioned in ancient Mesopotamia, Greece, the Middle East, China, and India.
Some translations of the Bible into English mention the unicorn; likely, the Hebrew word re'em referred to the rhinoceros or aurochs, a type of wild bull.
Legends of the unicorn were often cases of mistaken identity.
The spiral tusk of the narwhal, a type of whale, was mistaken for that of the unicorn.
When the science of paleontology was in its infancy, sketches were misidentified as those of unicorn skeletons.
As recently 1809, unicorns were still believed to exist.
The Encyclopaedia Britannica of that year stated: "There can, we think, be little doubt that the unicorn exists in Africa not far north of the Cape of Good Hope, and perhaps, at some distant period it may be as well known as the elephant or the hippopotamus is at present."
Science still has not uncovered evidence of the unicorn, but it is alive and well in the imaginations of many.
Today, the term "unicorn" is often used to describe something that is rare or especially unique.
Would you like to draw the mystical unicorn emoji?
This easy, step-by-step emoji drawing guide is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Unicorn Emoji
How to Draw a Great Looking Unicorn Emoji for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line that doubles back upon itself. This outlines the unicorn's face.
Easy Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 2
2. Detail the face. Band the snout with a curved line. Draw a small "C" shaped line to indicate the nostril. Use two curved lines to outline the double-pointed teardrop shape of the eye. Enclose three successively smaller circles within the eye. Shade between the two smallest, indicating the pupil.
Easy Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the rounded triangular shape of the horn. Band it with diagonal lines, giving it a spiral appearance. Then, draw the ear using two curved lines, forming a shape like a triangle with no bottom. Use a curved line to detail the inner ear.
Easy Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin drawing the locks of the mane. Use curved lines for each, and allow them to meet at points.
Easy Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw the mane. Use long, curved lines that swirl around before ending at a point.
Easy Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long, curved line to enclose an additional section of mane.
Easy Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a lock of the mane swirling forward above the face. Allow the lines to form a spiral before meeting at a point.
Add More Details to Your Unicorn Emoji Picture - Step 8
8. Draw additional locks of mane at the back of the head.
Complete the Outline of Your Unicorn Emoji Drawing - Step 9
9. Fill in any remaining spaces with additional locks of the mane.
Color Your Unicorn Emoji Drawing
Color your unicorn emoji. The coloration of the emoji can differ depending on the device or service used. Many unicorn emojis have rainbow-colored elements, either on the horn or the mane. Others have a golden horn with a pink, blue, or purple mane. The unicorn's fur is almost always white.
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute Fantasy Designs post.