Create a wonderful World Health Day Illustration drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Would you like to learn how to draw a World Health Day illustration to raise awareness or commemorate the event? You've come to the right place. But first, we must answer the question: What is World Health Day?
Since 1948, World Health Day has been held on April 7 each year. Sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO), it highlights a different health concern each year. Past themes have included climate change, natural disasters, food safety, depression, road safety, and supporting nurses.
Maintaining good health is important to everyone, and knowledge is the key. You can let others know about World Health Day by drawing and displaying this cute cartoon.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Drawing Idea: Celebrate World Health Day by making a thank-you card for a doctor, nurse, dentist, or pharmacist. This World Health Day illustration will look great on the front of the card!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a World Health Day Illustration
1. Begin by drawing a large circle. This will become the planet Earth.
2. Give the planet a friendly cartoon face. Draw two curved lines to contour the cheeks. Above each cheek, use an inverted "U" shaped line to enclose the eye. Shade a large oval within the eye to indicate the pupil. Then, draw a curved line above it to form the eyebrow.
3. Draw the smiling mouth. Use curved lines to outline the top, bottom, and side of the mouth, the rectangular teeth, and the tongue. Draw an oval overlapping the top of the head, and shade a small oval at its center. This is a head mirror, which doctors once used instead of lights to illuminate the patient.
4. Outline the continents and oceans on the surface of the Earth. Outline the shapes of Greenland, North and South America, Africa, and Europe.
5. Draw the character's arms and hands. Use overlapping curved lines. Note that one hand is a fist, the other a thumb's up.
6. Draw a flag in the Earth's fist. Extend two straight, parallel lines from the hand. Connect them at the top. Then, extend two curved lines to form the top and bottom of the flag. Connect them on the end. Outline a plus (+) or cross shape on the flag.
Since the 1800s, a red cross on a white background has been internationally recognized as a symbol of the medical field.
7. Write the word "WORLD" beneath your cartoon character.
8. Write the word "HEALTH" below your character.
9. Complete your drawing by writing the word "DAY."
Color your world health day cartoon. You'll need at least three colors - blue, green, and red.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).