A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Wolf with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Wolves and similar animals often play a pivotal role in anime and manga stories - and we're not just talking kemonomimi.
Your pack will go wild for this easy, step-by-step anime wolf drawing guide.
How do anime wolves differ from other cartoon wolves? Just as anime characters are often known for their spiky hair, anime wolves have spiky coats and sharp features.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Wolf
Learn to draw an anime wolf with the following easy step-by-step instructions.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the wolf's face. Use curved lines to outline the brow, snout, and jaw. Notice how short lines that meet at jagged points give a furry appearance to his cheeks and lower jaw.
Also note that the brow is slanted toward the nose and the top of the nose is wrinkled, just as when a human character makes an angry face.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to create the triangular shapes of the ears and to detail inside them. Then, use jagged lines to outline the fur on the back of the head, chest, and shoulder.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 3
3. Use long curved lines to outline the wolf's legs, noting the contours of the ankle and knee. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the toes of the paw.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of long curved lines to sketch the back, hips, and belly. Notice the occasional tuft of jagged fur.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the rear legs. Again, use long curved lines for the legs and overlapping curved lines for the toes. Note, too, the jagged tufts of fur on the back of the leg.
Realistic drawing tip: Some people would consider that backward bend of the leg to be the wolf's knees, but anatomically, it is the ankle. That means the knees are higher, closer to the hip, and the long lower "leg" between the tuft of fur and the paw is actually the foot. The paw is akin to the human ball of the foot just behind the toes.
You can draw more accurate animal shapes when you learn about their biology and physiology.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the wolf's fluffy tail, using curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Anime Wolf drawing - Step 7
What to draw next?
Now that you've drawn an anime or manga wolf, what connection does he have to your other characters?
Think back to your running anime character. What would happen if you combined the runner and the wolf in the same drawing? Would she be running from the wolf?
Chasing the wolf? Running alongside it to a common goal? Or maybe running as she transforms into a wolf?
Looking for more beautiful examples of anime wolves or dogs? Don't worry, we've got you covered. Why not try out this anime dog drawing guide for a more cartoonish, almost chibi-like take on the topic? Or these kawaii cat and chibi cat drawings.
Want the anime wolf to have a different pose? Why not get some inspiration from this wolf howling at the moon step-by-step drawing?
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).