Learn how to draw a great looking Antelope with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Antelope.
"When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eats the grass. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Life." - Mufasa, The Lion King
Would you like to learn how to draw an antelope cartoon? This easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing tutorial can help you master the antelope outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The antelope is a grazing, hoofed mammal similar to a deer. There are about 100 species of antelope, ranging in size from the royal antelope at just 4 pounds to the giant eland at nearly 2,000 pounds.
Most antelope live in Africa, and a few are native to Asia. Some live in forests and others live in grasslands.
The larger grassland antelope are built for speed. They live in large herds and run up to 43 miles per hour to escape predators such as lions.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Antelope
How to Draw a Great Looking Antelope for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the antelope outline by drawing the details of the face. Use curved lines to draw the eyes and the sides of the nose.
Enclose the heart-shaped nose pad below it. Sketch an oval in each eye to indicate the pupils, and draw an oval above each eye, forming the brows.
Easy Antelope Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, outline the antelope's face. Use curved lines to sketch the top of the head, ears, and sides of the face. Detail each ear with a curved line, and draw a rounded "W" below the nose to detail the mouth.
Easy Antelope Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the antelope's spiral horns. Use long curved lines that meet at sharp points. Notice the slight overlap of lines that indicates the twist in the horns halfway up.
Did you know? The horns of the greater kudu antelope are more than 5 feet long!
Easy Antelope Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture the horns with short curved lines.
Easy Antelope Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the neck, chest, and shoulders.
Easy Antelope Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the gazelle's long legs. Use pairs of long curved lines for the legs. At the bottom, use nearly straight lines to sketch the hooves. Notice the triangular cleft in each hoof. Then, use curved lines to draw the chest and shoulder at the top.
Easy Antelope Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long curved lines to outline the belly and rump. Then, draw a curved triangle to indicate the tail.
Add More Details to Your Antelope Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a parallel set of zigzag lines across the belly. These are the antelope's dark markings. Then, draw the rear leg. Again, use a pair of long curved lines for the leg, and connect them at the bottom. Below the leg, draw the hoof with its triangular cleft.
Complete the Outline of Your Antelope Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your antelope outline by drawing the remaining rear leg. Use a curved line and double it back upon itself, noting the shape of the hoof and the bulge of the knee and ankle.
Color Your Antelope Drawing
Color your cartoon antelope. We've shaded our antelope tan, white, and black, realistically depicting a Thomson's gazelle.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Antelope Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).