Learn how to draw a great looking Horse Rider with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Horse Rider drawing.
Have you ever ridden a horse? You won't need riding lessons for this jaunt... you might need art lessons instead!
Would you like to learn how to draw a horse rider? This easy cartoon drawing tutorial can help you master the horse rider outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Horse Rider
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin the horse rider outline by drawing the horse’s face. Use curved lines to trace the front of the face, the overlapping lines of the mouth, and the curve of the jaw. Near the mouth, at the bottom of the face, draw a circle.
Then draw pairs of curved lines to the corner of the mouth and the front of the face. This is the horse’s bit and bridle. Enclose an oval shape for the nostril with a short curved line above it. Enclose the horse’s almond-shaped eye with two curved lines, and shade the round pupil inside it.
For the ear, allow two curved lines to meet at a point; contour the inside of the ear with a third. Use a series of curved lines to draw the shaggy mane.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another circle below the ear. From it, draw pairs of lines in front of and behind the ear, to the bit, and across the jaw, completing the bridle. Use curved lines that meet at a point to draw the remaining ear, as well as the mane.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long curved lines to draw the front of the neck and chest, the foreleg, and the belly. Band the leg with a curved line at the bottom to indicate the hoof.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to outline the cartoon horse’s body. Use a long line for the back, rump, and back of the rear leg. Double the line back on itself, and use a curved line to indicate the hoof. Draw the remaining foreleg and hoof.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a long curved line and double it back upon itself, outlining the final leg. Band the hoof at the bottom. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to begin sketching the tail. Use a curved line to enclose a rounded rectangle on the back - the beginning of the saddle.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the tail and texture it with curved lines. Then, use a curved line to outline the profile of the man’s face. Enclose a semicircle and a small curved shape to indicate his hat.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to sketch the eye and eyebrow, the strap of the riding helmet, the ear, hair, neck, shirt collar, torso, shoulder, and sleeve.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw the hands holding the reins, erasing as necessary. Use short, overlapping lines to sketch the hands and a pair of long curved lines for the reins.
Horse Rider Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the horse rider outline by drawing the human’s legs and the saddle, erasing as necessary. Extend two curved lines from the torso. Band the leg below the knee to distinguish the jodhpurs and boots, and band the foot with two lines to indicate the stirrups.
Use curved lines to sketch the cantle, pommel, panel, kneepad, and stirrup leather of the English-style saddle.
Complete Horse Rider Drawing
Color your cartoon horse rider. Sometimes, the color the rider wears identifies him or her during a competition. What are your signature colors?
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).