Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Puppy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Puppy.
Would you like to make an easy cartoon puppy drawing? This simple, step-by-step animal drawing guide can show you how!
Drawing your puppy is not hard. He is mostly made of up-curved lines. Some of the lines look like the letters "V" or "U." In each step, look for new lines highlighted in blue, and add them to your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will also recognize familiar shapes - the triangle-shaped ears, the ovals of the nose and eyes, the curved rectangle of the collar, and its circular name tag.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Puppy
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Puppy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Easy Cartoon Puppy outline by drawing its large eyes. First, draw two curved lines to form the cheeks. Enclose a partial oval above each line. Draw two more successively smaller ovals inside each eye, and shade between them to indicate the pupils.
Easy Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows. Between the eyes, enclose an irregular oval shape for the nose. Draw a "U" shaped line below the nose to form the mouth. Contour the corners of the mouth and the upper lip with short lines.
Easy Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the puppy's face using a series of long curved lines. Use one line for the chin, and one for each side of the head. On top of the head, extend curved lines and double them back on themselves to form a tuft of fur.
Then, begin sketching the puppy's ear. Extend an "L" shaped line from the side of the head.
Easy Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a "V" shaped line to draw the large, floppy ear. Connect it to the head at the bottom with a short line. Then, repeat the process on the opposite side.
Easy Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a small circle below the puppy's head. Above it, draw a curved rectangle to form the collar. Connect it to the head with two lines, enclosing the neck. From the top corners of the collar, extend short lines to meet the neck.
Easy Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend curved lines downward from the collar to outline the body. Then draw a curved line and double it back on itself to form the puppy's leg.
Easy Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another line, doubled back on itself, to form the remaining foreleg. Above the legs, contour the chest with a curved "V" shaped line.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Puppy Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the rear legs on each side of the body. Detail the toes with short lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the tail. Use a series of curved lines that meet at furry, jagged points.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing
Your easy cartoon puppy is now complete. Color him. Dogs come in many colors - white, black, gray, brown, blonde, yellow, red, and cream - and patterns - solid, brindle striped, or spotted.
For more great easy furry animals drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Furry Animals Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Puppy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).