Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Reindeer with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Reindeer.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy cartoon reindeer? With the help of this fun animal drawing tutorial, you'll soon master the easy reindeer outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Like other types of deer, reindeer are hoofed mammals with bony antlers. In many places, wild reindeer are called caribou. Reindeer live in large herds in the cold Arctic region.
In Europe, reindeer have been domesticated and wear harnesses to pull carts and sleds. This is the likely origin of the stories of magical reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh, which stories first began to be recorded in 1821.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Reindeer
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Reindeer for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy reindeer outline by sketching the top of his head. Use overlapping curved lines to create a tuft of fur in the center.
Easy Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the reindeer's ears. Use two curved lines for each, and allow them to meet at a point.
Draw another curved line down the center of the ear. Continue the shape of the face by drawing curved lines below the ears.
Easy Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw tufts of fur on the sides of the face, using curved lines that meet at sharp points. Then, use a long curved line to trace the bottom of the caribou's face.
Easy Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to create a patch of fur below the head. Then, continue the shape of the chest and belly using a long curved line.
Easy Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line from the back of the head to trace the neck and back. Then, use two shorter lines to create the back of the leg and the tail.
Easy Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the reindeer's eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, and draw two circles inside each. Shade between the two circles to form the pupils. Then, draw a curved line for the eyebrow above each eye.
Easy Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the nose and smiling mouth. Use a round shape for the nose and a wide "U" shaped line for the mouth. Connect them with a vertical line.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Reindeer Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the antlers. Use a long curved line for the outer edge of each antler, and a series of "U" shaped lines for the inner points.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy reindeer outline by drawing the legs. For each leg, extend a pair of lines.
Notice that the lines bend to form elbows and knees. Connect them at the bottom, and draw a curved line across them to form the hooves.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing
Color your simple cartoon reindeer. We've shaded ours in brown tones, as these are common reindeer colors. But some reindeer turn partially or completely white in the winter!
For more great Cute cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Best Cute cartoons Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Reindeer Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).