Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Reindeer with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Easy Reindeer drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy reindeer? With the help of this fun animal drawing tutorial, you'll soon master the easy reindeer outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Like other types of deer, reindeer are hoofed mammals with bony antlers. In many places, wild reindeer are called caribou. Reindeer live in large herds in the cold Arctic region.
In Europe, reindeer have been domesticated and wear harnesses to pull carts and sleds. This is the likely origin of the stories of magical reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh, which stories first began to be recorded in 1821.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Reindeer
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin the easy reindeer outline by sketching the top of his head. Use overlapping curved lines to create a tuft of fur in the center.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the reindeer's ears. Use two curved lines for each, and allow them to meet at a point. Draw another curved line down the center of the ear. Continue the shape of the face by drawing curved lines below the ears.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw tufts of fur on the sides of the face, using curved lines that meet at sharp points. Then, use a long curved line to trace the bottom of the caribou's face.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to create a patch of fur below the head. Then, continue the shape of the chest and belly using a long curved line.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line from the back of the head to trace the neck and back. Then, use two shorter lines to create the back of the leg and the tail.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the reindeer's eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, and draw two circles inside each. Shade between the two circles to form the pupils. Then, draw a curved line for the eyebrow above each eye.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the nose and smiling mouth. Use a round shape for the nose and a wide "U" shaped line for the mouth. Connect them with a vertical line.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw the antlers. Use a long curved line for the outer edge of each antler, and a series of "U" shaped lines for the inner points.
Easy Reindeer Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy reindeer outline by drawing the legs. For each leg, extend a pair of lines. Notice that the lines bend to form elbows and knees. Connect them at the bottom, and draw a curved line across them to form the hooves.
Complete Easy Reindeer Drawing
Color your simple cartoon reindeer. We've shaded ours in brown tones, as these are common reindeer colors. But some reindeer turn partially or completely white in the winter!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).