Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Sonic Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Sonic Face.
Show your love for your favorite video game hero with the step-by-step help of this easy Sonic face drawing tutorial.
Sonic the Hedgehog has long been a famous video game character, first hitting the scene in 1991. He's fast, he's smart, and he's a snazzy dresser, always sporting red running shoes.
Sonic looked a lot different in the early days, though - check out this Sonic the Hedgehog pixel art drawing to see his shape made out of tiny boxes of color.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This Sonic face is quick (just like Sonic himself) and easy to draw. His portrait is made up of ovals, triangles, and curved lines. Sonic will look great on your notebook, t-shirt, or anything else you want to draw him on.
If you liked this drawing guide, you can make a full-body portrait when you learn how to draw Sonic the Hedgehog running.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Sonic Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Sonic Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy Sonic face outline by drawing his egg-shaped nose. From the nose, extend a curved line and allow it to form a gentle spiral to form Sonic’s snout or jaw.
Easy Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the line back to the nose. Then, extend another line from the jaw and double it back upon itself to enclose Sonic’s large eye.
Easy Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue the line around the eye to outline the remaining eye before connecting to the nose.
Easy Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an oval inside the eye. Then use curved lines to draw the brows above the eyes.
Easy Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Shade a smaller oval inside the oval, forming the pupil. Then, enclose two partial ovals in the remaining eye, and shade the smaller one.
Easy Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line intersecting a smaller line to form the smiling mouth. Then, extend a long curved line from the brow. Draw a shorter curved line to meet at a point, forming the first of Sonic’s quills or spines.
Easy Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more spikes, using curved lines that meet at points. Connect the last spike to the jaw to fully enclose the face.
Add More Details to Your Easy Sonic Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two “V” shaped lines to form Sonic’s pointed ears.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Sonic Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved triangle inside Sonic’s near ear to contour it.
Color Your Easy Sonic Face Drawing
Your easy Sonic face outline is now complete. Color his fur blue, his eyes green, and his snout tan.
Have you ever wondered what a real hedgehog looks like - the animal that Sonic is based on? Check out this realistic hedgehog drawing guide to find out.
For more great video game characters drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Video Game Characters Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Sonic Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).