Learn how to draw a great looking Ornithomimus with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Ornithomimus.
Would you like to draw an Ornithomimus? This easy, step-by-step dinosaur drawing tutorial can show you how.
Ornithomimus was a seven-foot-tall, 12-foot-long birdlike dinosaur. In fact, its name means "bird mimic."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Ornithomimus stood on two feet and had grasping hands like the velociraptor. But unlike the raptor, Ornithomimus had no teeth! You can compare the two when you check out this velociraptor drawing.
Some scientists believe that Ornithomimus may have had feathers covering parts or all of its body. If you want to, you can draw feathers on your Ornithomimus, too.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Ornithomimus
How to Draw a Great Looking Ornithomimus for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Ornithomimus outline by sketching the dinosaur’s face. For the snout, use a long curved line that doubles back on itself.
Use shorter lines for the eye ridge and corner of the mouth. Enclose the almond-shaped eye and shade a small oval within it to indicate the pupil.
Easy Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the lower jaw and the long, snakelike neck. Use short lines to contour the nostril and the back of the head.
Easy Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the dinosaur’s chest, forearm, and fingers. Draw a curved triangular claw at the tip of each finger.
Easy Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the dinosaur’s hand. Then, extend a line from the back of the arm to outline the belly. It should intersect another series of overlapping curved lines that form the roughly “Z” shaped rear leg.
Easy Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 5
5. Use overlapping curved lines and small curved triangles to sketch the rear foot. Then, begin sketching the remaining forearm with a curved line.
Easy Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to draw the forearm. Use overlapping curved lines for the fingers and small, curved triangles for the claws.
Easy Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the rear leg, the base of the tail, and the toes. Each toe should end with a curved triangular claw.
Add More Details to Your Ornithomimus Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a long curved line from the neck to sketch the back, and another from the base of the tail to form the bottom of the tail. Complete the toes of the rear foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Ornithomimus Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a long curved line to draw the top of the tail, and contour the body and muscles with additional curved lines.
Color Your Ornithomimus Drawing
Your Ornithomimus outline is now complete. Color your cartoon dinosaur. We’ve shaded ours light green so it can hide in the bushes, but you can use any colors you please.
For more great reptile drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Reptile Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Ornithomimus Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).