Learn how to draw a great looking Owl Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Owl Face.
Owls are large birds known for their beautiful feathers and stunning eyes. Learn how to draw an owl face so you can sketch your new favorite bird.
Owls come in a wide range of colors and sizes. While many owls are big, some owls are only six inches tall.
Burrowing owls live underground and come out during the day, which is unusual for owls.
Some people think that owls are spooky birds. They come out at night to hunt, hoot in the darkness and peer at you with their giant eyes.
Other people see owls as wise animals who give advice to other forest creatures.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You might not be able to have a pet owl, but you could see one at your local zoo or bird sanctuary. You could also put an owl house in the backyard and wait for an owl to move in.
In the meantime, draw a cartoon owl face and have fun coloring the feathers.
No drawing is perfect the first time, so start with a pencil sketch. Afterward, outline the drawing and use your favorite coloring tools, like markers, crayons or colored pencils.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Owl Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Owl Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two egg shapes, then draw circles inside the shapes. Add curved lines that overlap the eyes similar to a cartoon owl.
Easy Owl Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a loose, rounded diamond in the middle for the beak. Use curves to make long triangles that end in sharp points.
Easy Owl Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Add sketchy triangles that resemble flames to connect the lines you drew in the previous step.
Easy Owl Face Drawing - Step 4
4. On each side, make a curve with a single round triangle on top. The curves should come to a point in the center.
Easy Owl Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curves to make more arrow and triangle shapes on the top and side of the head.
Easy Owl Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Add loose, sketchy lines on either side of the head like you're drawing fluffy clouds.
Easy Owl Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two vertical fluffy lines, then use curved triangles to outline the left side of the body.
Add More Details to Your Owl Face Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat the previous step, and add two dashes on either side of your cartoon owl's body.
Complete the Outline of Your Owl Face Drawing - Step 9
Color Your Owl Face Drawing
Outline the cartoon owl face with a black marker or pen. Make sure you fill in the eyes to make them bold.
Color your cartoon outline with different shades of reddish-brown. Use gray for the beak and yellow for the eyes.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Owl Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).