Learn how to draw a great looking Aurora from Sleeping Beauty with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.
"I know you! I walked with you once upon a dream.
I know you! The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam.
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem.
But if I know you, I know what you'll do -
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."
- Aurora, "Once Upon a Dream," Disney's Sleeping Beauty
Aurora is the title character of the 1959 animated film Sleeping Beauty. Aurora was cursed as an infant; it was said she would die by pricking her finger on a spinning wheel before her sixteenth birthday.
She was hidden away and raised by fairies in order to avoid this fate. The spell could only be broken by a kiss from her true love.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the Disney princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty? This easy, step-by-step Disney cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
You may also want many crayons, markers, or colored pencils to shade Aurora's color-changing dress!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
How to Draw a Great Looking Aurora from Sleeping Beauty for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw an oval to help you shape the princess's head. Draw perpendicular guide lines through it. Then, use a curved line to contour the cheeks and chin, using the guide lines to help you.
Easy Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a spiral at the top of the head to indicate the hair. Then, use curved lines to sketch the roughly triangular and rectangular sides of the crown. Note the notch in the crown's top. Then, use long curved lines to sketch the flowing hair and the sleeve of the gown.
Easy Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guide lines of the original oval. Use a curved line to outline the neck and shoulder, and draw an inverted triangle at the base of the neck. Use pairs of curved lines to draw the arm, noting the overlap at the bend of the elbow. Use curved lines to sketch the hand and the long, delicate fingers. Finally, outline the torso using a curved line.
Easy Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 4
4. Use long and short curved lines to draw the narrow triangular shapes that indicate the top of the dress. Enclose the hair between the face and shoulder using a curved line, and use a series of curved lines to sketch the remaining arm and hand.
Easy Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a rose in Aurora's hand. Use a pair of curved lines for the stem, and lines that meet at points for the petals and leaves.
Easy Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase lines from behind the rose as necessary. Then, detail the face. Use curved lines to form the eyebrows, the closed eyelids, the nose, and the smiling mouth.
Easy Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines from the face. Then, extend a pair of lines to complete the torso and the gown. Note that the waist is smaller than the hips. Draw zigzag lines across the hips to indicate the top of the skirt, and a long curved line down the length of the skirt.
Add More Details to Your Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the bodice of the dress with vertical curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw long curved lines down the length of the dress, originating from one of three points at the top of the skirt. These indicate folds in the fabric. Connect them at the bottom using curved lines.
Color Your Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing
Color your cartoon of Aurora. Her dress is most famously blue, but it changes color over and over as she dances with the prince in the classic film's final scene. Why? Because her fairy godmothers are arguing over the color!
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Simple People Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).