Learn how to draw a great looking Closed Eyes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Closed Eyes.
Would you like to improve your people drawing skills? You can practice drawing closed eyes with the help of this easy, step-by-step closed eyes drawing tutorial.
Some people say that drawing the human face is difficult, but it doesn't have to be. This tutorial focuses on one feature of the face - the eyes.
Because the eyes in this drawing are closed, simple curved lines make up the eyelids, eyelashes, and eyebrows. They may indicate that the subject is sleeping or sad.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can use this blank face drawing guide to complete your character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Closed Eyes
How to Draw a Great Looking Closed Eyes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the closed eyes outline by drawing two curved lines. This forms the closed eyelids. Notice that the curve is heavier towards the corners of the eyes.
Easy Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line above each eyelid, roughly parallel to the first lines. These contour the eyelids.
Easy Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another curved line above each eyelid. This time, the curve should bend in the opposite direction to contour the top of the eyelid.
Easy Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 4
4. Use thick lines to draw the eyelashes. Depending on the overall size of your drawing, you may want to sketch teardrop shapes and then shade them. Notice that the eyelashes are shorter near the corner of the eye, growing successively longer with each lash.
Easy Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw and shade the pointed, teardrop-shaped eyelashes. Once past the midpoint of the eyelid, notice how their length once again decreases near the ey's corner.
Easy Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin to draw lashes on the remaining eye. Again, start with short lashes near the corner, and allow them to grow longer as you go along.
Easy Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw the eyelashes, allowing them to grow shorter as they near the opposite corner of the eye.
Add More Details to Your Closed Eyes Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line above each eye. Note that it loosely follows the curvature of the top of the lid. These will become eyebrows.
Complete the Outline of Your Closed Eyes Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the eyebrows by drawing another curved line from one end to the other. The inner side of each brow should be blunt and rounded, while the outer end is pointed.
Color Your Closed Eyes Drawing
Your closed eyes outline is now complete. Color your picture, deciding on the skin tone and hair color. As an added challenge, can you finish drawing this character's face?
For more great human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Human Body Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Closed Eyes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).