Learn how to draw a great looking Courage the Cowardly Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Courage the Cowardly Dog drawing.
"I just know something bad is going to happen." - Courage
Would you like to learn how to draw Courage the Cowardly Dog? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing guide is here to show you how to draw a Courage the Cowardly Dog outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Courage lives with an elderly couple, Eustace and Muriel Bagge, in the town of Nowhere, Kansas. Courage is kind, but he is easily frightened and almost always anxious.
This is not surprising, as danger and supernatural events are the norms in his life! After all, his parents were kidnapped by an evil veterinarian and sent to outer space when he was just a pup, and Muriel was once bitten by and became a "weremole."
Courage, though, also lives up to his name. Though nearly paralyzed with fear, he bravely and selflessly acts to save his owners and his friends from the dangers they don't even realize they are in.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin your Courage the Cowardly Dog outline by drawing his large oval-shaped eyes. Draw a small oval within each eye and an even smaller oval inside it. Shade between the two ovals to form the character’s pupils.
Draw a curved line at the bottom of each eye. At the top, draw a very narrow curved triangle overlapping the top of the eye. Erase as necessary. These are Courage’s eyebrows.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Courage’s nose - an upside-down triangle with rounded corners. Connect it to the eye with a curved line, forming the top of the snout or muzzle.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the sides of the upper lip using curved lines. Draw small dots on each side of the lip, and short straight lines crossing outside the shapes. These are the whiskers.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Use three curved lines, two of which meet at a point, to form the open mouth and the human-like teeth. Use shorter lines to enclose the tongue and side of the mouth, the corner of the mouth, and the spaces between the teeth.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to draw the top of the head. Extend two curved lines to form the ears; double them back upon themselves to fully enclose the shapes.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to outline the cheek, the chin, and the body of the cartoon character.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Courage’s arms. Trace a pair of straight, parallel lines for each arm. At the bottom of each set, enclose the fingers and hands using three small “U” shaped lines.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw the small rear legs, erasing as necessary. For each leg, extend a pair of curved lines from the body. Enclose the toes and feet using three small “U” shaped lines each.
Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Courage the Cowardly Dog outline by drawing his tail and spots. Extend a pair of lines for the sides of the tail. Then, use straight lines to sketch the three points at the tip of the tail. Finally, use curved lines to draw spots on his back.
Complete Courage the Cowardly Dog Drawing
Color your Courage the Cowardly Dog cartoon. He is pink with black spots and yellowish teeth. His nose and ears are brown and black.
Courage could use a break from all the drama! Why not give him a dog treat?
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Simple Dog Drawing Ideas post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).