Learn how to draw a great looking Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"To those of us with real understanding, dancing is the only pure art form!" - Snoopy, Peanuts
It's time for a happy dance! Learn how to draw Snoopy from Peanuts, dancing, with the help of this easy cartoon drawing tutorial.
Who is Snoopy? He "is not your average beagle." He loves books, fine art, and root beer. He also loves napping on top of the doghouse built for him by "that round-headed kid," Charlie Brown.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Snoopy's original artist described him this way: "He can win or lose, be a disaster, a hero, or anything, and yet it all works out. I like the fact that when he's in real trouble, he can retreat into a fantasy." In other words, Snoopy is a bit like you and me.
Did you know? Snoopy made his first comic appearance in 1950. Since then, he's often been seen in the middle of a "happy dance." Why does Snoopy dance for joy? Charlie Brown explained, "Some days, Snoopy loves life so much he can't express it." So he dances!
You don't need your dancing shoes to draw Snoopy at his finest. All you need is a pencil and a sheet of paper.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw a Dog Pixel Art or Labrador Drawing tutorials.
See also, Cute Guide To Draw A Realistic Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Snoopy from Peanuts, Dancing
How to Draw a Great Looking Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Snoopy's smiling face. Use long curved lines for the cheek and mouth. Use short curved lines for the closed eyes and the corner of the mouth. Shade an irregular rounded shape - a cross between an oval and a triangle with rounded corners - to indicate the nose.
Easy Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a long curved line above the cheek and double it back upon itself to enclose a boomerang shape. This is Snoopy's ear. Then, continue the line of the cheek beyond the ear, completing the outline of the face.
Easy Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend another curved line from the side of the head and double it back upon itself to form the remaining ear. Then, begin sketching the body. Extend the lines at the bottom of the face to form the neck and stomach. At the back of the neck, extend a pair of curved parallel lines to form the arm.
Easy Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 4
4. Use "U" shaped lines to form the fingers, completing the outline of the hand.
Easy Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the remaining arm. Extend a pair of curved lines from the body. Then, begin sketching "U" shaped lines to form the fingers.
Easy Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the outline of the hand using "U" shaped lines. Then, extend a long curved line below the arm to outline the back and the back of the rear leg.
Easy Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline the fronts of Snoopy's legs. Use another line to enclose the foot of the near leg. Draw short curved lines at the tip of the foot to differentiate the toes.
Add More Details to Your Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose the remaining foot using a curved line. Indicate the toes by drawing short curved lines at the tip of the foot. Enclose a spot on the back using another curved line. Band the neck with a thick line to indicate the collar.
Complete the Outline of Your Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing - Step 9
9. Use two curved lines to sketch the crescent-moon-shaped tail. Then, draw sets of curved lines around the ears and feet to indicate movement.
Color Your Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing
Color your cartoon of Snoopy dancing. He is white with black spots and a red collar.
For more easy and cute animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Tutorials on Drawing Furry Animals.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Easy Guides to Drawing Dogs page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Snoopy from Peanuts Dancing Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).