Learn how to draw a great looking Dragon Fruit with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dragon Fruit.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Do you have a taste for exotic fruits? Would you like to learn how to draw a dragon fruit? With the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon food drawing tutorial, you'll soon master the dragon fruit outline.
Dragon fruit, also called strawberry pear, pitaya, or pitahaya, is an exotic tropical fruit that grows on a cactus. The plant is native to the Americas, but the fruit itself resembles a dragon's egg or something from a sci-fi landscape.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Dragon fruit flowers only open at night.
What does dragon fruit taste like? It is sweet, sour, or tart with a flavor similar to watermelon, kiwi, or pear. The texture has been compared to kiwi fruit.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Mango, Peach, and Orange.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dragon Fruit
How to Draw a Great Looking Dragon Fruit for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the dragon fruit outline by drawing the scales that cover the outside of the fruit. Use curved lines that meet at points to draw the scales. Notice that one of the scales is fully enclosed while the others are open at the bottom.
Easy Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw more dragon fruit scales, using pairs of curved lines that meet at a point. Notice, too, that the scales are outlining the teardrop shape of the fruit.
Easy Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw more dragon fruit scales, connecting the two sections. For each scale, use two curved lines that meet at flamelike points
Easy Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 4
4. Fill in the center of the fruit with additional scales. For each scale, use a pair of curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing another piece of dragon fruit. Outline the bottom of the fruit using a curved line. On one side, enclose a scale using lines that meet at a point. Fill in scales on the original fruit as needed.
Easy Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 6
6. The second piece of fruit has been cut open to reveal what's inside. Indicate the cut side by drawing a large oval. Draw another dragon fruit scale on the side, using curved lines that meet at a point.
Easy Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another oval inside the original oval, distinguishing the flesh of the fruit from the rind. Draw more scales on both pieces of fruit, using pairs of curved lines that meet at points.
Add More Details to Your Dragon Fruit Picture - Step 8
8. Shade a tiny oval on the surface of the cut fruit, showing the presence of seeds. Detail the scales of that fruit by banding them with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Dragon Fruit Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your dragon fruit outline by banding the scales of the original fruit with curved lines.
Color Your Dragon Fruit Drawing
Color your cartoon dragon fruit. This exotic fruit is typically bright pink and green. Some have yellow skin. The inner flesh of the fruit is usually white, red, or purple.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dragon Fruit Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).