Learn how to draw a great looking Eggs with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Eggs.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw an egg? This easy, step-by-cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
Chicken eggs, as well as the eggs of other domestic and wild birds, are eaten around the world. They can be prepared in many different ways - fried, boiled, scrambled, or poached, to name a few. They hold together many recipes, such as cakes. Eggs are also deeply ingrained in popular culture. Consider the following familiar quotes:
"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" - Longstanding philosophical question
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
"It's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk." - Unknown
"I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham." - Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Additionally, eggs may be decorated or painted for different celebrations.
However you like your eggs, you can learn to draw one, freshly cracked, by following the steps below.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Fried Egg, Bread, and Tea Cup.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Eggs
How to Draw a Great Looking Eggs for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line. Notice how it occasionally doubles back upon itself. This begins the outline of the egg white.
Did you know? Before the egg is cooked, the white is known as albumen.
Easy Eggs Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue drawing the long, wavy line to create the irregular rounded shape of the egg white.
Easy Eggs Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to outline the egg white with the long curved line. Notice how it zig-zags back and forth.
Easy Eggs Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to outline the egg white by continuing the curved line. Notice the "S" shape of the line.
Easy Eggs Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw the long, curved line that outlines the egg white. Notice how it doubles back upon itself to form an irregular shape.
Easy Eggs Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the outline of the egg white using curved lines.
Easy Eggs Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw the egg yolk. Use two curved lines to enclose the half-circle shape.
Eggs fried like this one - without breaking the yolk - are called sunny-side up.
Add More Details to Your Eggs Picture - Step 8
8. Draw curved lines around the base of the yolk to add dimension to the drawing. Enclose an irregular oval shape outside of the remainder of the egg to indicate a drip of egg white.
Complete the Outline of Your Eggs Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose two small oval shapes within the yolk to add dimension and shininess.
Color Your Eggs Drawing
Color your cartoon egg. The white is typically its namesake color, with perhaps some brown on the edges. The yolk is yellow or orange.
Did you know? Egg yolks from "country" or farm-raised eggs are typically darker in color than those mass-produced for sale in stores. This is due to differences in the hens' diet and egg-laying frequency.
Breakfast is ready! Learn how to draw bacon and eggs.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Eggs Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).