Learn how to draw a great looking Fried Egg with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fried Egg.
What did you have for breakfast this morning? You can learn how to draw a fresh fried egg with the help of this easy cartoon drawing tutorial.
What can you do with a drawing of a fried egg? Here are a few fun drawing ideas:
1. Make breakfast.
2. Answer the age-old question, Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
3. Demonstrate that it's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk or the hood of a car.
4. Decorate your kitchen.
5. Advertise your favorite restaurant or café.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? People around the world raise chickens and eat their eggs, as they have done for thousands of years.
The domestic chicken is a descendent of the red jungle fowl, a native of India. A single chicken can lay up to 300 eggs each year.
Can you hatch your own chicken from those eggs in the refrigerator? Probably not.
In most countries, eggs produced for sale in grocery stores are not fertilized - no rooster or male chicken is present to father young. If your eggs come from a local farm housing both hens and roosters, however, hatching an egg may be possible.
You can candle the egg - hold it up to a bright light - to see if there is a chick growing inside.
Have you ever eaten a duck egg, goose egg, or quail egg? These birds can also be raised for consumable eggs. Whatever the type, it's time to fry some eggs! Sharpen your pencil, and don't get scrambled!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fried Egg
How to Draw a Great Looking Fried Egg for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line to begin outlining the edge of the fried egg white.
Easy Fried Egg Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a series of curved lines of different lengths to continue the outline of the egg white.
Easy Fried Egg Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to connect the open ends of the egg white outline. Then, draw a half-circle in the center of the egg. This will become the sunny side up egg yolk.
Easy Fried Egg Drawing - Step 4
4. Connect the edges of the yolk using a curved line. Then, draw a large "C" shaped line hovering above the egg. This begins the outline of the broken eggshell.
Easy Fried Egg Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of curved lines, some wavy and some meeting at points, to connect the ends of the eggshell.
Easy Fried Egg Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of curved lines across the eggshell to differentiate the hollow opening.
Easy Fried Egg Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a series of curved lines to begin to outline the second half of the eggshell.
Add More Details to Your Fried Egg Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a series of curved lines to complete the broken eggshell.
Complete the Outline of Your Fried Egg Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a series of curved lines across the remaining eggshell to indicate the opening of the empty shell.
Color Your Fried Egg Drawing
Color your cartoon egg. The cooked egg is typically white with a yellow or orange yolk. The eggshell can come in many colors. Chicken eggs may be brown, white, green, or even pink.
Some have spots, speckles, or blotches. The eggs of other birds can be blue, black, or other colors.
For more great Food drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Food Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fried Egg Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).