Learn how to draw a great looking Kids in Classroom Cartoon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Kids in Classroom Cartoon.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
It’s back to school time! Where will your assigned seat be? Learn how to draw kids in a classroom and make a map of your homeroom class!
Did you know? The first school in the United States was built in 1635, about 400 years ago!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Schools haven't always been just like they are today. Maybe you are home-schooled or know someone who is.
For many, many centuries, each family taught their children necessary skills, like homeschooling. Public school became mandatory in most places within the past 200 years.
Don't forget to bring an apple for your teacher when you head off to school!
See this post for a lot more things to draw in class.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Girl Scout, School Books, and Backpack.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Kids in Classroom Cartoon
How to Draw a Great Looking Kids in Classroom Cartoon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the box-like desks. First, draw two squares. Draw an “L” shaped line within a corner of each to give the desktops a three-dimensional appearance. Then, draw a rectangle beneath each square.
Use straight lines to turn the rectangle into a rectangular cube or prism, completing the sides of the desks.
Start sketching your first student. Use a wide “U” shaped line to outline the face, and curved lines to enclose the eyes. Shade a circular pupil within each eye.
Easy Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the student, erasing the desk as necessary. Use curved lines to continue outlining the face, as well as the hair and ears. Detail the inner ears, eyebrows, nose, mouth, and chin with curved lines.
Then, use long curved lines to sketch the neck, shoulders, and arms. Draw a curved line across the base of the neck, and enclose two curved shapes beneath it. This forms the neck and collar of the shirt.
Easy Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to detail the student’s arms, sleeves, hands, and buttons. Then, draw an open book on his desk. Use curved lines to craft the shape of the book and give the pages a three-dimensional appearance.
Then, begin sketching your second student. Again, use a wide “U” shaped line to outline the face, and curved lines to enclose the eyes. Shade a circular pupil within each eye.
Easy Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue drawing the student, erasing the desk as necessary. Use curved lines to draw her arms, her hair, her ears, her mouth, her nose, her eyebrows, and her pigtails.
Easy Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to complete the girl’s arms and add details to her dress, including the frilly collar. Then, draw an open book on her desk. Notice the lines that indicate the words in the book.
Easy Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two more desks, partially hidden by the students in the front row. Use square and rectangle shapes to sketch the tops and sides of the desks. Draw an open book on one of them.
Start drawing another student. Again, use a wide “U” shaped line to outline the face, and curved lines to enclose the eyes. Shade a circular pupil within each eye.
Easy Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to sketch the ears, nose, mouth, eyebrow, and flowing hair of the student. Then, draw her body, complete with a collared shirt and raised hand.
Add More Details to Your Kids in Classroom Cartoon Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a boy sitting at the last desk. Use curved lines to sketch his manga-style hair, face, and neck. Draw the corner of a book visible on his desk.
Complete the Outline of Your Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing - Step 9
9. Finally, draw the classroom itself. Use a straight line for the horizon line between the wall and the floor.
Use straight lines to draw a bookshelf and the books that are on it. Sketch the frame of the window using straight lines. Draw a flower pot on the window sill and the crown of a tree somewhere outside.
Color Your Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing
Color your cartoon of happy students in the classroom.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kids in Classroom Cartoon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).