Learn how to draw a great looking Lisa Simpson with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Lisa Simpson.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"If anyone wants me, I'll be in my room." - Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons
You can learn how to draw Lisa Simpson with the help of this easy cartoon character drawing tutorial.
Who is Lisa Marie Simpson? She is the daughter of Homer Simpson and Marge Simpson. Bart Simpson is her older brother. Her baby sister is named Maggie.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Lisa was born on May 9, 1981. She is an 8-year-old student at Springfield Elementary School, where she excels in her studies. She has a number of eclectic hobbies, including playing the saxophone. She is the moral compass of her family, but she also has a rebellious streak.
The Simpsons is the longest-running prime-time sitcom in the United States. Simpsons shorts premiered in 1987, and it has been a 30-minute television series since 1989, enjoying more than 30 seasons.
Ready to draw a piece of animation history? Now you can - grab your pencil and follow along with this Lisa Simpson drawing tutorial!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: The Lorax By Dr. Seuss, Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian, and Gnome from Gravity Falls.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Lisa Simpson
How to Draw a Great Looking Lisa Simpson for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Lisa's face. First, draw an incomplete circle. Draw a line across it and shade a small circle within it to complete the eye. Beside the eye, use a curved line to form the nose.
Then, enclose another partial circle, band it with a line, and shade a smaller circle in the middle. Finally, use a series of curved lines to sketch the upper lip and cheek.
Easy Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw Lisa's iconic spiky hair. Use curved lines to create the zig-zag pattern. Then, use a "C" shaped line for the ear and another curved line for the back of the neck.
Easy Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Lisa's necklace using a series of small circles. Use an "L" shaped line for the front of the neck. Extend the back of the neck to create the back of the torso. Then, use a pair of curved lines to form the arm.
Easy Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a curved triangle partially hidden by Lisa's mouth, and contour it with a curved line. This forms the mouthpiece of her saxophone and should enclose the opening of the mouth.
Then, use a curved line for the front of the torso, and two curved lines for the remaining arm. Draw a curved line across the torso to indicate the top of the dress. Finally, use "U" shaped lines to enclose Lisa's fingers and hand.
Easy Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of curved lines to draw the top of Lisa's saxophone. For the saxophone's keys, draw two narrow, flattened ovals with another oval around one end of each. Use curved lines to draw Lisa's fingers.
Easy Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend the curved lines that make up the sides of the saxophone. Draw two more keys, using ovals and flattened ovals. Draw Lisa's remaining finger using a curved line.
Easy Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the bell of the saxophone. Extend the curved lines; note the overlap on the top of the instrument. Then connect the lines using an oval. Draw a "C" shaped line within the oval. Trace a figure like a letter "E" on the side of the bell.
Add More Details to Your Lisa Simpson Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an oval around each terminus of the "E" shape. Then, draw the zig-zag hem of Lisa's dress using a series of curved lines that meet at points. Then, use curved lines to sketch Lisa's leg and foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Lisa Simpson Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to sketch the remaining leg. Then, detail the shoes with curved lines and curved rectangles.
Color Your Lisa Simpson Drawing
Color your cartoon of Lisa Simpson from The Simpsons. She has yellow skin and hair and a red dress.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Lisa Simpson Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).