Learn how to draw a great looking Luca with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Luca.
Would you like to explore the Italian countryside or live in the ocean like a mermaid? You can live out your wildest dreams with the help of this Luca drawing guide. After all, that's what Luca did.
Luca Paguro is the title character from Disney's animated film Luca. Luca is a shy sea monster who herds fish with his family. Though his family wants to keep him safely away from the humans, he and his friend Alberto run away to pursue their dream of obtaining a Vespa motorcycle.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Along the way, Luca makes additional friends, including Massimo and Giulia. He also discovers that many sea monsters live among the humans - keeping their identities secret by staying out of the rain!
When dry, Luca looks completely human, as in the portrait below. But when wet, he turns green, has reptile-like scales, webbed fingers, and a long tail! If you were Luca, which life would you choose?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Luca
How to Draw a Great Looking Luca for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Luca outline by drawing the boy's eyes. For each eye, draw four successively smaller circles. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupils.
Easy Luca Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a "C" shaped line to draw the cartoon character's nose. Draw a short curved line across the top of the nose, and two more across the bottom of it to indicate the nostrils. Then, enclose the irregular shape of the mouth. Use curved lines to enclose the teeth and tongue.
Easy Luca Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to outline Luca's face. Enclose the curved eyebrows above the eyes.
Easy Luca Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin drawing Luca's hair. Use a series of overlapping curved lines. In the middle of the forehead, draw a spiral-shaped lock of hair that ends at a sharp point.
Easy Luca Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more hair using overlapping curved lines. On each side of the face, enclose pointed locks by allowing lines to meet at sharp points.
Easy Luca Drawing - Step 6
6. Use wavy curved lines to enclose the hair on the sides of Luca's head. Then, enclose the ears using "C" shaped lines. Detail inside them with short curved lines.
Easy Luca Drawing - Step 7
7. Texture Luca's hair with curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Luca Picture - Step 8
8. Draw parallel diagonal lines on each of Luca's cheeks. This hatching pattern indicates his blush. Draw a "V" shaped line below the head to trace the neck of his shirt.
Complete the Outline of Your Luca Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Luca outline by finishing his shirt. Use curved lines to enclose the parallelogram shapes of his collar on each side of the neck. Then use curved lines to indicate the shoulders, sleeves, and the seam between them.
Color Your Luca Drawing
Color your cartoon of Luca. He has brown hair, a plaid shirt, and a rosy nose and cheeks.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Luca Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).