Learn how to draw a great looking Super Sonic with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Super Sonic.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the world's most famous video game characters. Learn how to draw Super Sonic, a powerful version of Sonic who harnesses the Chaos Emeralds.
Sonic is a blue hedgehog who runs at high speed to collect rings and tries to keep Doctor Eggman from securing the Chaos Emeralds.
Sonic appears in countless cartoons, movies, TV shows and video games. Even people who don't play video games recognize this iconic character.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Artists interpret Sonic in a variety of ways. This guide teaches you how to draw in the traditional Sonic style, but you could also learn how to draw a pixel art Sonic.
Live-action movies portray Sonic as a semi-realistic hedgehog.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Chibi SD Gundam, Sobble Pokémon, and Lucky Luke.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Super Sonic
How to Draw a Great Looking Super Sonic for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start the eyes with a thick, tube-like shape like a banana. Underneath, make a semi-circle with a dome in the middle that overlaps the first shape. Draw an oval in the center.
Easy Super Sonic Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two ovals inside each eye, then use a curve and a dash for the mouth. Add a line that outlines the left eye, and sketch a curve above the right eye. Make a long, sweeping curve that trails away from the head.
Easy Super Sonic Drawing - Step 3
3. Complete the Super Sonic head with curved triangles that resemble flames like you're drawing a regular cartoon Sonic. Use triangles for the ears.
Easy Super Sonic Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the body with a curve on the left and two rounded arrows on the right. For the glove, draw an angled circle with a round tube underneath.
Easy Super Sonic Drawing - Step 5
5. Use two lines for the left arm. Sketch a crescent moon shape for the base of the glove, then draw a round rectangular shape. For the right glove, draw a square with a loop at the end.
Easy Super Sonic Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw tubes for the fingers like short sausages. Sketch a line on the right side of the body, then add straight lines for the leg.
Easy Super Sonic Drawing - Step 7
7. Repeat the previous step for the other leg. Use more round shapes for the angle and an oblong shape for the shoe.
Add More Details to Your Super Sonic Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat the previous step for the left shoe.
Complete the Outline of Your Super Sonic Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch an oval in the center of the body. Add curved lines to the shoes.
Color Your Super Sonic Drawing
To complete your cartoon Super Sonic, outline the entire drawing in black, then color the body gold. Use red for the eyes and shoes, and keep everything else white.
For more fun, draw one of Sonic's friends, like Miles Tails Prower.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Super Sonic Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).