Draw a great looking Ron Weasley from Harry Potter with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Harry Potter is one of the most popular book series in the world. This series is so famous that it's spawned spin-off books, multiple movie franchises and a theme park called the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Adults and children all over the world have come up with their own stories about this magical series.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This guide will teach you how to draw a cartoon Ron Weasley. Famous for his sense of humor and distinctive red hair, Ron is one of Harry Potter's best friends and a student at Hogwarts.
Once you've drawn a cartoon Ron Weasley, you can use your imagination to come up with your own Hogwarts adventures.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Ron Weasley from Harry Potter
1. Start with two curved lines near the top of the page. Add two more curved lines underneath, then connect them, add another dash and fill in circles inside the shapes.
Sketch two loose triangle shapes above the eyes. Add another loose triangle for the mouth, then draw a dashed line with a short line at the end.
2. For the hair, draw broad, swooping lines on the top of the head. Sketch another curved triangle underneath the face for the jaw, then connect it to the hair. Add an oval without connecting it all the way to make the ear.
3. Complete the hair with two arches like the McDonald's logo. Add more curved lines to give the hair texture. Sketch an oval-shaped ear on the left, then use curved lines for the inner ears and eyebrows.
4. Underneath the head, draw two triangles like tortilla chips. Draw a triangle pointing downward between them. Use lightly curved lines for the collar, then draw a hexagon in the center. Add more lines to complete the tie.
5. On the right, draw two parallel triangles pointing to the right. Draw a narrow rectangle on the left, then add a triangle pointing downward. Use a curved and straight line for the upper arm.
6. Use long oval shapes for the fingers. Draw a rectangle in the center for the wand. Make sure that the fingers overlap the wand.
7. Add another rectangle to the wand and draw a few lines, then sketch a long, narrow triangle at the top.
On the right, make another line for the robe, then use overlapping oval and rectangle shapes for the fingers. Use a curved line to connect the hand to the sleeve.
8. Make two straight lines to complete the robe. In the center, draw two curved lines and add a parallel triangle.
Draw straight lines inside the tie. Underneath the curved lines, draw a loose arrow pointing upwards with a vertical line that trails downward. Add more straight lines on the left and two dashes in the center.
Congratulations! You've drawn a cartoon Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. Use light tan for the skin and orange for the hair. Color the robes and shoes dark grey.
Use light grey for the vest and pants with red-and-gold accents, then color the wand greyish-brown. Leave the shirt white.