Learn how to draw a great looking Trollface with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Trollface.
Trollface is one of the oldest and most famous Internet memes. Learn how to draw trollface to sketch part of Internet history.
In 2008, artist Carlos Ramirez drew the original cartoon trollface. The trollface was part of a comic that made fun of Internet trolls, who taunt people on the Internet to get a reaction.
The drawing became viral with countless people making their own trollface comics and sharing them on social media.
Trollface is so popular that Ramirez earned over $100,000 from copyrighting the image. In 2021, he announced that he would sell a trollface non-fungible token (NFT). In addition to comics, trollface has appeared in TV shows, viral videos and video games.
If you want to draw Internet memes, trollface is an easy starting point. This meme uses simple lines with no color to portray the mischievous grin.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Use thick lines to replicate the original trollface drawing and make the illustration stand out.
Once you've completed your trollface, you could try another meme, like a cartoon wink emoji.
You could also draw your own comics with the meme. Most people recognize the meme even though it's not as popular as it was in the 2000s.
Since this drawing is black and white, use a blank sheet of white paper so notebook lines don't bleed through.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Trollface
How to Draw a Great Looking Trollface for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a tube shaped like a banana. Draw a circle inside the tube.
Easy Trollface Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another tube shape attached to an elongated S-shape.
Easy Trollface Drawing - Step 3
3. Make a similar S-shape under the nose with a dash to the left. On the right, make a dash for the nostril and draw a curve, then add a wavy line.
Easy Trollface Drawing - Step 4
4. Use wide curves to make a mouth that resembles a large banana. Add a dash on the right.
Easy Trollface Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more curves inside the mouth, then draw lines inside each shape for the teeth.
Easy Trollface Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the head with a loose rectangular shape. Add more curves around the mouth.
Easy Trollface Drawing - Step 7
7. To outline the rest of the trollface, start with a curve on the left, then carry it downward and make another curve. Bring the line upward with a final curve on the right.
Add More Details to Your Trollface Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch more curves inside the cartoon trollface.
Complete the Outline of Your Trollface Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw bigger lines around the face.
Color Your Trollface Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon trollface with a thick pen or marker. Make the mouth and pupils black, and leave the rest of the face white. Afterward, you could draw another Internet meme, like a poop emoji.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Trollface Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).