Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Sea Otter with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Sea Otter.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cute and cuddly sea otter? Now you can, with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon sea otter drawing guide.
Sea otters are adorable animals. They have fluffy faces, drooping whiskers, and flippered feet.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Otters are also full of funny antics. For example, why is this one holding an oval shape? This is a rock that the sea otter uses for smashing open clams. You can learn to draw an oyster for your otter to eat here.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Sea Otter
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Sea Otter for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon sea otter outline by drawing the animal's face. Enclose half-oval shapes for the eyes, with the bottom line extending beyond the lower corners. Inside each eye, draw a circle within a circle, and shade between them to form the pupils.
Draw a thick curved line for an eyebrow above each eye and an inverted triangle for the nose. Below it, draw the rounded "W" shaped mouth.
Easy Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to enclose the open mouth, the tongue within it, the chin, and the whiskers on each side of the nose.
Easy Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long, curved line to draw the otter's head. Enclose "C" shaped ears on each side of the head, and contour the base of the head with a short line.
Easy Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 4
4. Contour inside the ears with short lines. Then, draw the arm. Extend the line at the base of the head, then double it back on itself.
Easy Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of lines to draw the shoulder, the remaining arm, and the side of the long torso.
Easy Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose an oval shape between the otter's paws. This is his clam-shelling rock. Detail the paws with short curved lines.
Easy Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line from the otter's elbow. Trace along the back to the tip of the tail.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Sea Otter Picture - Step 8
8. From the tip of the tail, draw another line to enclose the tail and connect it to the body. Then, draw overlapping curved lines to form the otter's rear leg and foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a long curved line to enclose the irregular shape of the remaining leg and foot. Detail the paws with short curved lines and a round pad on the bottom of the foot.
Color Your Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing
Your cartoon sea otter outline is now complete. We've colored ours with two shades of brown - a lighter brown for the belly. Sea otters can also appear gray in color.
For more great animals drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Animals Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Sea Otter Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).