Create a wonderful Cartoon Woman drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
"I'm not a lady, I'm a journalist." - Lois Lane, Batman v Superman
Do you need to draw a cartoon woman for your comic book, a card, or a school project? You can easily learn how to draw a cartoon woman outline with the help of this easy cartoon drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Can you think of any famous cartoon women? One is Lois Lane. This daring girl reporter first appeared in Action Comics #1 in 1938, alongside Superman and his alter ego, the "mild-mannered reporter" Clark Kent.
This cartoon drawing is oriented in portrait style, just like the photos on your driver's license or passport. Can you use this tutorial to draw yourself a lifelike cartoon avatar for your favorite social media account?
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Woman
2. Draw the ear using a "C" shaped line. Enclose a circle at the bottom of the ear to form an earring. Erase as necessary. Detail the inner portion of the ear with a curved line.
3. Draw the remaining ear, creating a mirror image of the first. Again, use a "C" shaped line. Enclose a circle at the bottom of the ear to form an earring. Erase as necessary. Detail the inner portion of the ear with a curved line.
4. Extend two curved lines below the head to form the neck.
5. From the base of the neck, extend a curved line on each side. This outlines the cartoon woman's shoulders.
6. Next, draw the eyes. Draw two sets of curved lines, forming the cheeks and the eyelids. Draw curved lines between each set to enclose two partial oval shapes.
Within each of these eyes, sketch a circle within a circle and shade between them. These are the pupils. Draw two more curved lines above each eye, indicating the top of the eyelid and the eyebrow.
7. Use a long, curved line to draw the woman's nose. Then, sketch her smiling mouth using a wide "U" shaped line with short curved lines at each corner. Draw a short line below the mouth to contour the chin.
8. Next, draw the woman's hair. Use long curved lines to outline the top and sides of the hair. Then, connect the sides to the neck using a series of curved lines. Draw long and short overlapping curved lines above the face in a loose inverted "V" shape.
9. Finish your cartoon by detailing the woman's clothes. Draw a "V" shaped line at the neck, and a curved line between its sections.
This forms the neck of the shirt and jacket. Enclose overlapping partial triangles at the sides of the V-neck to form the collars of the jacket. Finally, draw a line across each shoulder to detail the top of the sleeve.
Color your cartoon woman outline. What color hair will she have? What about her eyes? Her lipstick? Her clothing?
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).