Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Woman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cartoon Woman.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"I'm not a lady, I'm a journalist." - Lois Lane, Batman v Superman
Do you need to draw a cartoon woman for your comic book, a card, or a school project? You can easily learn how to draw a cartoon woman outline with the help of this easy cartoon drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Can you think of any famous cartoon women? One is Lois Lane. This daring girl reporter first appeared in Action Comics #1 in 1938, alongside Superman and his alter ego, the "mild-mannered reporter" Clark Kent.
This cartoon drawing is oriented in portrait style, just like the photos on your driver's license or passport. Can you use this tutorial to draw yourself a lifelike cartoon avatar for your favorite social media account?
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Catwoman, Woman's Face, and Wonder Woman.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Woman
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Woman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your cartoon woman outline by drawing the woman's face. Outline the chin and cheeks using a long curved line.
Easy Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the ear using a "C" shaped line. Enclose a circle at the bottom of the ear to form an earring. Erase as necessary. Detail the inner portion of the ear with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the remaining ear, creating a mirror image of the first. Again, use a "C" shaped line. Enclose a circle at the bottom of the ear to form an earring. Erase as necessary. Detail the inner portion of the ear with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two curved lines below the head to form the neck.
Easy Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 5
5. From the base of the neck, extend a curved line on each side. This outlines the cartoon woman's shoulders.
Easy Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the eyes. Draw two sets of curved lines, forming the cheeks and the eyelids. Draw curved lines between each set to enclose two partial oval shapes.
Within each of these eyes, sketch a circle within a circle and shade between them. These are the pupils. Draw two more curved lines above each eye, indicating the top of the eyelid and the eyebrow.
Easy Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long, curved line to draw the woman's nose. Then, sketch her smiling mouth using a wide "U" shaped line with short curved lines at each corner. Draw a short line below the mouth to contour the chin.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Woman Picture - Step 8
8. Next, draw the woman's hair. Use long curved lines to outline the top and sides of the hair. Then, connect the sides to the neck using a series of curved lines. Draw long and short overlapping curved lines above the face in a loose inverted "V" shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Woman Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish your cartoon by detailing the woman's clothes. Draw a "V" shaped line at the neck, and a curved line between its sections.
This forms the neck of the shirt and jacket. Enclose overlapping partial triangles at the sides of the V-neck to form the collars of the jacket. Finally, draw a line across each shoulder to detail the top of the sleeve.
Color Your Cartoon Woman Drawing
Color your cartoon woman outline. What color hair will she have? What about her eyes? Her lipstick? Her clothing?
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Woman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).