Learn how to draw a great looking Jumping Unicorn with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Jumping Unicorn.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a jumping unicorn cartoon? This easy, step-by-step mythical creature cartoon drawing tutorial can show you how.
Unicorns are mythological creatures depicted as either horses or goats with a spiral horn in the middle of their face.
They are often associated with purity - only maidens with pure hearts could approach unicorns, and their horns were said to neutralize the effects of poisons.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Unicorn legends are linked to a very real animal - the narwhal, a whale with a spiral-shaped tusk or tooth sticking out the front of its face.
Ancient peoples may have come up with unicorn stories to explain the strange narwhal "horns" they found.
There are so many ways to draw unicorns. They can be cute and wide-eyed like this chibi unicorn. Some combine unicorn features with those of a flying pegasus. The colors are often bright, like Markie the Unicorn from Lisa Frank. In fact, Markie's story is a perfect match for our unicorn illustration:
"Markie bragged that he could jump higher than anyone else. They had unicorn games. Markie did jump higher than anyone! Markie kept jumping. He jumped over a rainbow in the morning and a cloud in the afternoon! One night he watched the moon skimming across the purple sky. He ran faster and faster then with a bounce Markie sprung into the upper reaches of the sky. The sleepy moon awoke with a stare as Markie soared right over the astonished satellite. Markie believed in himself and did what no other unicorn had done before."
Do you have all the colors of the rainbow? You'll need them to draw this jumping unicorn outline.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Mushu from Mulan, Zombie Shark, and Unicorn.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Jumping Unicorn
How to Draw a Great Looking Jumping Unicorn for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin sketching your jumping unicorn outline by drawing the unicorn's head. Use curved lines to sketch the forehead, snout, and jaw. Then, use curved lines to outline the rounded triangular eye, and shade an oval within it to indicate the pupil. Shade a small oval to form the nostril.
Easy Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 2
2. Use pairs of curved lines that meet at points to draw the ears and mane. For the horn, use scalloped lines that meet at a gentle point.
Easy Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the horn and ears with curved lines, and extend a long curved line from the head to form the unicorn's neck. Next, draw the leg of the jumping unicorn. Use a curved line and double it back upon itself. Draw a line across the bottom of the leg to indicate the hoof.
Easy Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 4
4. From the ear, extend a long curved line. This will form the back of the neck, the back, and the back of the rear leg. Use a shorter line to sketch the back of the front leg.
Easy Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a curved line to draw the front side of the remaining foreleg. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the stomach and the front of the extended rear leg. Enclose a crescent moon shape to enclose the leg and form the hoof.
Easy Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to complete the foreleg and draw the remaining rear leg. Again, use a short line to indicate the hooves.
Easy Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the leaping unicorn's flowing mane. Use curved lines of various lengths that meet at jagged points.
Add More Details to Your Jumping Unicorn Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the tail to complete your jumping unicorn outline. Use curved lines of various lengths that meet at jagged points. Texture the main with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Jumping Unicorn Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the tail with curved lines. Then, draw several parallel curved lines in the background to create a rainbow.
Color Your Jumping Unicorn Drawing
Color your cartoon of a jumping unicorn.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Jumping Unicorn Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).