Learn how to draw a great looking Crystal Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Crystal Heart.
Nothing is more valuable than giving someone your heart. You can symbolize that gift with this crystal heart drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In fact, a rare heart-shaped blue diamond was the subject of a very popular film - Titanic. The "Heart of the Ocean" was "a fictional 56-carat blue diamond... said to originally be owned by Louis XVI."
In order to be formed into a heart shape, crystals must be cut by a skilled artisan. You can improve your art skills, too, by mastering this drawing!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Crystal Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Crystal Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the crystal heart outline by drawing the lobes of the heart. Unlike most hearts, however, these lobes are not fluid curved lines. Use a series of straight lines to form the arched shapes.
Easy Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the side of the heart. Again, use a series of straight lines instead of a fluid curved line.
Easy Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the remaining side of the heart. Again, use a series of straight lines instead of a curved line.
Easy Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, draw the facets on the face of the cut crystal. From the indentation between the lobes to the point at the bottom of the heart, draw a series of short, straight, connected lines.
Draw another series of straight lines from the top of one lobe to the side of the heart.
Easy Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of straight lines across the other lobe of the heart. Then, draw a straight line from the indentation between the lobes to each of these auxiliary sets of straight lines.
Easy Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of straight lines from the conjunction of horizontal and vertical lines to each of the points along the lobes of the heart. Can you begin to see the faceted crystal?
Easy Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw straight lines in a ray pattern from the central point on each of the heart's lobes.
Add More Details to Your Crystal Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more lines between the central and interior lines of the crystal and its sides.
Complete the Outline of Your Crystal Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the crystal heart outline by drawing an "x" shape across the centerline, just above the point at the bottom of the heart.
Draw a short straight line between the two lobes, giving the diamond a three-dimensional appearance.
Color Your Crystal Heart Drawing
Color your crystal heart cartoon. It could be white like a diamond, red like a ruby, green like an emerald, or whatever colored gemstone you can imagine.
Notice how we've used different shades of the same color to give the appearance that light is glimmering and shining off the gemstone.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Easy and Fun Heart Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Crystal Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).