Learn how to draw a great looking Face from 3/4 View with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Face from 3/4 View.
When you learn how to draw a face from 3/4 view, you can draw characters in different poses and settings. This guide shows you how to draw a face in a cartoon style that's based in realism.
Famous artists study different poses, views and positions so they can understand human anatomy.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you're drawing a cartoon or comic strip, you'll need to learn how to draw your characters from different angles. Learning anatomy also helps you make realistic drawings that look true to life.
In the meantime, start with this basic guide that anyone can use.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Face from 3/4 View
How to Draw a Great Looking Face from 3/4 View for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two lemon shapes with the right shape wider than the other. Draw circles inside each shape with one inside the other. Add a dash above each eye.
Easy Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 2
2. Use thick strokes that end in points for the eyebrows like you're drawing a woman's face. Make a hook for the nose, then use dashes for the eyelashes.
Easy Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch another loop to outline the nose. For the mouth, start with a wavy horizontal line, then sketch two hills above it. The second hill should be wider than the first to indicate the angle.
Easy Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 4
4. On the left, make a wavy line that loosely outlines her facial features, then add a rounded bottom and trail the line upward to make the jaw.
Sketch a dash underneath the nose and a loop to complete the mouth. Draw a straight line for the neck.
Easy Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two swooping lines to start the hair. Make a loop on the right for the ear, then draw curves and hooks inside this shape.
Easy Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curve over the head to make a shape that resembles a large teardrop. Sketch a few other curves to make rounded triangle shapes. On the left, draw a short wavy line.
Easy Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 7
7. On the left side of the hair, start with a loop, make a long vertical curve and complete the shape with sketchy waves and triangles.
Add More Details to Your Face from 3/4 View Picture - Step 8
8. Use more wavy, expressive lines to outline the hair on the right. Connect the shape to the rest of the hair with a curve.
Complete the Outline of Your Face from 3/4 View Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketchy wavy lines inside the hair to give it depth and texture.
Color Your Face from 3/4 View Drawing
Finally, outline your face from 3/4 view with a black marker, pen or colored pencil. Fill in the pupils and eyebrows with black.
Color the outline with your favorite hair, eyes and skin colors. This guide recommends using pink, orange and green because those colors complement each other.
You can give your face from 3/4 view makeup or leave her face blank.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Face from 3/4 View Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).