Learn how to draw a great looking Giraffe Head and Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Giraffe Head and Face.
Start your own safari with this giraffe head and face drawing.
Giraffes are truly remarkable animals. Check out these cool giraffe facts:
- Giraffes are the tallest animals at 18 ft high.
- Their tongues are 18 inches long. They wrap them around tree branches to pull off the leaves.
- Giraffes have multiple stomachs and they can consume 75 pounds of leaves per day!
- There are four species of giraffe, and each has a different pattern of spots on its fur.
- The giraffe's long neck has the same number of bones in it that yours does.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you notice that this giraffe has horns on its head? They are called ossicones, "boney projections of the skull covered with furred skin."
Male giraffes use these to strike their opponents in fights known as necking.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Giraffe Head and Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Giraffe Head and Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the giraffe head and face outline by drawing its gentle eyes. Use curved lines to enclose the eyes, gently pointed at the top and bottom. Draw a curved line across each eye to form the pupil. Draw a small circle within the pupil and shade around it. Contour above the eyes with short lines, and enclose the curved shapes of the eyebrows above them.
Easy Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the sides of the cartoon giraffe’s face using long curved lines that extend downward from the eyes.
Easy Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the giraffe’s snout or nose using a long curved line. The line should overlap the side of the face on both sides. Then, draw short lines at each tip. Contour the face with long and short straight lines.
Easy Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the giraffe’s nose. Shade two teardrop shapes to form the nostrils, and draw curved lines above them. Contour the lip with another curved line, and use a pair of lines to sketch the giraffe’s long neck.
Easy Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend long curved lines above each eye, continuing the outline of the head and horns.
Easy Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a partial circle at the top of each horn, and connect them with a “U” shaped line in the middle.
Easy Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the giraffe’s ears. Extend two curved lines from each side of the head, allowing them to meet at gentle points. Draw a long curved line across each. Texture the ears and horns with small hatching marks..
Add More Details to Your Giraffe Head and Face Picture - Step 8
8. Begin patterning the giraffe’s fur. Draw two long curved lines across the face. Then, begin enclosing small triangles and rectangles above the mouth.
Complete the Outline of Your Giraffe Head and Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your giraffe head and face outline by drawing geometric shapes along its neck.
Color Your Giraffe Head and Face Drawing
Color your cartoon giraffe head. Giraffe fur can range in color from light tan to brown to almost black.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Giraffe Head and Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).