Learn how to draw a great looking Hatchimal with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Hatchimal.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Hatchimal
How to Draw a Great Looking Hatchimal for Kids and Beginners - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you sketch the Hatchimal's head.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the circle, extending beyond the shape on both sides. This outlines the top of the Hatchimal's egg.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a wide "U" shaped line connecting the ends of the line drawn in the previous step. This encloses the bottom half of the eggshell.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a narrow horizontal oval beside the eggshell. This will become the opening of the top of the egg that has fallen to the side.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a wide "U" shaped line connecting the ends of the oval drawn in the previous step. This completes the outline of the top of the Hatchimal's egg.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of jagged lines that meet at sharp points all along the outside of the oval, some above and some below its lines. This outlines the broken eggshell at the edges.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines of the narrow oval, leaving the clean outline of the broken Hatchimal egg.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw two layers of jagged lines along the top of the larger piece of Hatchimal egg. This outlines the broken eggshells along the opening.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase the guide line from this portion of the Hatchimal egg.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 10
10. Begin to detail the Hatchimal's face. Use a series of connected curved lines to enclose a furry heart shape within the original circle.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 11
11. Use a curved line to enclose an irregular shape within the Hatchimal's face. This will become its mouth or beak.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 12
12. Draw a curved line beneath the irregular shape, enclosing the bottom portion of the beak.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 13
13. Draw two small ovals above the beak to outline the Hatchimal's eyes.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 14
14. Draw a small circle within each eye. Notice how the circles are on the right side of each eye.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 15
15. Shade large ovals within each eye, indicating the pupils.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 16
16. Use a series of curved lines that meet at points to draw a tuft of fur or feathers on top of the Hatchimal's head.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 17
17. Erase part of the circle beneath the tuft and replace it with a series of curved lines. This gives the head a more furry appearance. Then, contour the top of the head and around the eyes with curved lines.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 18
18. Draw jagged, irregular shapes all over the ground. These are pieces of the eggshell.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 19
19. Shade dots of different sizes all over the eggs and the broken pieces of shell.
Easy Hatchimal Drawing - Step 20
20. Color your cartoon Hatchimal.
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Fantasy Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Learn More About The Hatchimal Drawing
"Time to Hatch a new friend!"
- Penguala, Adventures in Hatchtopia
Hatchimals are interactive robotic toys that "hatch" from their own eggs. The idea arose from the popularity of unboxing videos on YouTube - Hatchimals would be a toy that could "unbox" themselves after interacting with their new owner over a period of time.
Introduced in 2016, they quickly saw a high demand that rivaled other sought-after toys like Tickle Me Elmo.
Hatchimals are from the fictional world of Hatchtopia. Originally, there were five species based on mash-ups of real-world animals: the Owlicorn, Penguala, Draggle, Burtle, and Bearakeet.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The Hatchimals lineup now includes more Hatchimals species, small plastic figurines, fairies, and much more. They also star in their own cartoon series.
Would you like to draw an adorable Hatchimal emerging from its egg? Here's a step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial to show you how.
You'll need a pencil and an eraser to begin. First, you'll draw simple shapes such as circles and ovals. Then, you'll fill in the details.
Hatchimal Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).