Learn how to draw a great looking Unicorn with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Unicorn.
Why draw something ordinary when you can draw a unicorn? This easy, step-by-step unicorn drawing tutorial is here to show you the way.
Modern unicorns resemble horses with a single horn in the middle of their heads. In the past, though, unicorns were more like goats.
We can still see this influence in our unicorn's split hoof - it is cloven like a goat's hoof instead of solid like a horse's hoof.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This illustration is of a very detailed and realistic unicorn. The steps are easy to follow, but if you are a beginner, you might want to check out this easy cute unicorn drawing first.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Unicorn
How to Draw a Great Looking Unicorn for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon unicorn outline by sketching the face. Use curved lines to contour the brow, snout, mouth, and jaw.
Then draw the eye. Use curved lines to create a double-pointed shape. Enclose a partial circle within it, and use short lines to sketch eyelashes at the corner.
You can learn more about how to draw a realistic horse head here.
Easy Unicorn Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the unicorn’s horn. Use curved lines to enclose the narrow triangle shape.
Then, use pairs of curved lines that meet at points to draw locks of the mane on each side of the horn. Contour the nostrils and the side of the face with short lines.
Easy Unicorn Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the animal’s ears. For the far ear, draw three lines that meet at a blunt point. For the near ear, start with a double-pointed shape.
Then use a long curved line for the outer edge of the ear and the horse’s neck.
Easy Unicorn Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the mane along the neck. Use long and short curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Unicorn Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the unicorn’s front legs using long curved lines. Note the bulges of the shoulder, knee, ankle, foot, and hoof. Also, notice the “V” shaped cleft in the hoof.
Easy Unicorn Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line for the belly and contour the shoulder with shorter lines.
Easy Unicorn Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the rear leg, again using a pair of long lines. Connect them at the bottom with short curved lines and a “V” shaped line, forming the hoof.
Add More Details to Your Unicorn Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long curved line from the horse’s snout to its rear leg, completing the outline of the body.
Then draw the remaining rear leg, again using two long, curved lines connected by a short line at the bottom.
Complete the Outline of Your Unicorn Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the unicorn’s tail. Use curved lines of different lengths that meet at jagged points. Texture the tail with curved lines.
Color Your Unicorn Drawing
Your cartoon unicorn outline is now complete. Color your mystical friend. Often, unicorns have white fur and candy-colored manes and tails. We’ve given ours a pink mane and tail with blue eyes and a blue horn.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Unicorn Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).