Learn how to draw a great looking Heart Carved in Tree with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Heart Carved in Tree.
Many people use heart symbols when they commemorate their love for another person.
While you shouldn't carve letters into trees in real life, a cartoon heart carved in tree gets the point across without damaging a living thing.
Your cartoon heart carved in tree can have any initials that you want, including yours, a friend's or your crush's. Do you think you'll be brave enough to show your crush when you're done?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Before you get started, find a pencil and a black pen or marker for the heart carved in tree outline.
Next, use your favorite coloring tools to fill in the drawing. Maybe you and your crush could use this guide to draw matching pictures for each other.
If you'd like to grow your tree with more branches, see this tree branches drawing tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart Carved in Tree
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart Carved in Tree for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with an uneven hook shape on the left. To the right, sketch another hook shape, then draw a curved line on top. Sketch a wavy line above this shape and make a narrow triangle that points to the right, then use a straight line to connect these shapes.
Easy Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a narrow, elongated triangle shape that points upward. Sketch an uneven line about two inches above this shape, and draw two more narrow triangles. Connect the shapes with a straight line that curves at the top.
Easy Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 3
3. To the left, sketch two more wavy, elongated triangles. Draw two curved lines about an inch and a half above these shapes, then connect them with a straight line. Add another wavy line near the base.
Easy Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 4
4. Make several loose hill shapes like the edges of a fluffy cloud. Underneath, use straight and curved shapes to make the tree branches.
Easy Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 5
5. Add a few more hill shapes on the right, then use loose teardrop shapes for the leaves. Don't worry about making them look perfect. Instead, experiment with different shapes, sizes and angles.
Easy Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 6
6. Repeat the previous step for the rest of the leaves.
Easy Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a heart in the center of the tree. Sketch a smaller heart inside this shape, then use a triangle shape for the tip of the arrow and two diamonds for the "feathers" at the top.
Add More Details to Your Heart Carved in Tree Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch two letters inside the heart. Add wavy, expressive shapes around the roots to make the grass and shrubs.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart Carved in Tree Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the rest of the grass, then add lines inside the tree to give the trunk texture and depth.
Color Your Heart Carved in Tree Drawing
Complete your heart carved in tree outline with a black pen or marker. Erase the extra pencil lines.
Once you're done, make your heart carved in tree outline bright and colorful with brown for the trunk, green for the leaves and grass, and a blue sky in the background.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Easy and Fun Heart Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart Carved in Tree Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).