Learn how to draw a great looking Heart Tree with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Heart Tree.
Love is in the air! Whether you want to draw a unique family tree or send a message to a secret valentine, you can learn how to draw a heart tree.
What is a heart tree? In our illustration, it is a tree that has an overall heart shape. Its leaves are also shaped like individual hearts.
Heart trees are often seen as designs on jewelry, decorative items, wedding and anniversary cards, and memorials. It symbolizes love and family bonds similar to the tree of life, which may have heart-shaped roots.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Tip: Check out our people drawing guides for portraits to include to make this a lovely family tree!
Interestingly, the term "heart tree" is also used to describe a type of shrine in the series Game of Thrones. But this heart tree is not heart-shaped. Instead, it has a face carved in it and it "weeps" red sap from the carved eyes.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart Tree
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart Tree for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing long, curved lines to represent the side of the trunk and one of the branches. Note how portions of the line diverge from the trunk and meet at a point to outline the limb.
Easy Heart Tree Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to draw diverging branches at the top of the tree. Use "V" shaped lines that meet at sharp points.
Easy Heart Tree Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of lines to complete the remaining side of the tree. Use a long line for the base of the trunk and lines that meet at points for the branches.
Easy Heart Tree Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, you'll make the crown of the tree using hearts of different sizes. Draw the hearts, starting at the trunk and moving along the branch.
Easy Heart Tree Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw the crown of the tree surrounding the next branch, using large and small hearts.
Easy Heart Tree Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to draw the crown of the tree using large and small hearts. The idea is to make the entire crown heart-shaped as well, so mound the hearts to form the upper lobe of the heart.
Easy Heart Tree Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin to draw hearts on the opposite side of the tree, following the outline of the side of the heart.
Add More Details to Your Heart Tree Picture - Step 8
8. Fill in the area between the two branches with hearts large and small.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart Tree Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the heart-shaped crown of the tree, drawing hearts above the last branch to complete the final lobe of the heart.
Color Your Heart Tree Drawing
Color your cartoon heart tree. We've used shades of pink, a color associated with love and friendship.
This mythical tree doesn't have to follow any conventional rules. Be creative and let your imagination run wild!
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Fantasy Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!